Chapter 23 - Love Sick

Start from the beginning

Amelia: Then, I wonder about the meaning of my son's actions earlier, Camille.

Bago pa na may mangyaring iba ay nilunok ko na muna ang aking ininom dahil baka kung ano na naman ang sasabihin ng Reyna. Bakit hindi ko ba nalaman na may pagkapilya din pala ang Reyna? Hindi ko naman ito narinig dati.

Camille: Amelia?

Amelia: Come on, Amelia. Denial won't do good for anyone.

Camille: *Awkward smiles* What do you mean by that, Amelia? I don't follow you.

Amelia: I personally witness about that little interactions of the two of you.

I'm doom! Bakit hindi ko naisip na baka nandoon ang Reyna doon? Papaano na ba ito? Bakit ba kasi ganoon na lamang ang ikinikilos ni Luke sa aking harapan? Para naman walang tumitingin sa amin!!!

Amelia: Also, I did my own assignment of asking the servants about you and my son's relationship and I'm quite surprise to find out that you have been teaching my son to speak to your mother tongue, Camille.

Camille: *Gulps*

Amelia: It is a task that is hard to do as I bet, Camille. Aside from that, both of you have been addressing each other by your second names. Let's see... my son is calling you, Angel and didn't allow anyone else to call you that. You have also been calling my son, Luke and my son won't even permit for someone else to call him that. Not even I, his mother. *Drinks* Now tell me, what is the real score between the two of you.

Katapusan ko na... hindi ko na alam kung papaano ko pa sasagutin ang Reyna.

Camille: Amelia, as far as I know... the two of us are friends. Besides, I think His Highness is more comfortable with the setup that we used to have when we are stuck in the island. It's just that, I didn't expect that after returning the palace. His Highness will keep calling me that and even orders me to call him that way.

Amelia: Look at you explaining to me! How about this...?

Camille: Amelia?

Amelia: Do you see my son more than a friend?

Hindi ko na talaga alam kung ano ang isasagot sa Reyna! Isa pa, isa lamang akong hamak na ordinaryong sundalo dito sa Confusa at kung pipiliin kong malaman ng aking mga kalaban na malaman na ako'y nabubuhay pa ay mauuwi lamang sa wala ang lahat ng aking pinaghihirapan na mabuo ulit ang aming kaharian at silingin ang buong Facultas!

Camille: No, I may only see His Highness as a friend and not more than that.

Amelia: I don't believe you.

Camille: Amelia, I'm telling the truth. Why won't you believe me?

Amelia: I do not believe you because you are saying that you only see my son as a friend, however, as I observe your eyes, it is telling me more than that. Camille, oh Camille, by now, I'm advising you to speak the truth because you're not only lying to me. You will be also lying to yourself, honey.

I'm damn exposed!!! Right... hindi naman mararating ni Amelia ang kanyang posisyon kung hindi siya matalino at nakikita ko na ito ngayon.