. panicked lines .

Start from the beginning

'This can't be happening,'

He groaned, removing it by force. He failed to make it to the studio, which meant that his roommate and the rest of the dorm possibly witnessed his collapse. Next to his bed, there was an empty chair facing him near the nightstand that had a bowl of water with a wet towel soaking in it.

'Who was watching over me? Was my state that bad?'

Jinyoung's heart sank, feeling guilty for causing trouble mixed with fear that whoever his savior had witnessed things he would do anything to hide.

His attention was suddenly caught as a gentle knock rumbled against the door. As he opened it, he was met with a familiar face; Jisoo, his enemy. The angelic beauty wore a pristine white shirt tucked into light-washed jeans paired with a yellow checkered vest over her shoulder. Her eyes widened as she saw him in surprise.

"Did you miss me that much?" Jinyoung teased with a grin, leaning against the door frame. She rolled her eyes, scoffing.

"You wish, idiot. I'm here for Mark!"

"Morning to you too, princess. Are you sure? We are a good match." He winked with a playful smirk, enjoying her flustered annoyed face. A tint of pink colored her cheeks. His fingers itched to pinch them.

"In your dreams." A voice behind him disagreed. "I told you to stay away from her," Mark pulled him away by his ear to distance him from the angel.

"That hurts!" He held his ear, glaring at Mark. "Out of your league, Jinyoung." The pal glared back, guarding Jisoo.

"Not for long. She is falling for me." Jinyoung blew a kiss in her direction and chuckled at Mark's response. Jisoo gently tapped his shoulder, which made Mark spin around with a gentle smile.

"Here's breakfast and coffee. Don't be late for your classes." Jisoo's kind gesture of bringing two sandwiches and coffee for both of them made Mark's smile fade. His eyebrows knitted in worry upon understanding that the breakfast wasn't only for him, but Jinyoung too. She was unaware of what the implications might be of her little action.

"For me and Youngjae! Sorry for missing our usual breakfast. Let's have dinner together to talk." Mark faked her apology. The fire in his eyes communicated with Jisoo's playing along.

"Ah, yes! Say hi to Youngjae for me." Jisoo excused herself, and Mark shut the door behind her.

"You got me breakfast? How sweet~ Don't tell me you fell for my charms too?" Mark paid no mind to Jinyoung's lackluster words as he walked past and put the bags on the table.

"Are you two a thing, though?" Jinyoung struck this question to the man sitting in front of him across their small table.

"If my answer as yes will stop your awful flirting, then yes."

"It won't change that,"

"Jerk," Mark cautiously handed out the two sandwiches, one of which was placed in front of Jinyoung. His gesture changed the atmosphere, making Jinyoung recall the events of the previous night, as Mark would not do something like this unless he saw something then.

'Did he see something? Did he tell Jisoo about it?' Jinyoung's fears grew, looking at Mark suspiciously.

"Youngjae told me earlier that he would have breakfast so enjoy the free-undeserved breakfast." Mark tried to shrug it off like they weren't Tom and Jerry, who were about to fight seconds ago.

"Aside from being a jerk, are you okay, though? Feeling better?" Mark asked carefully before taking a bite.

Jinyoung crossed his arms in defense mode, glancing at the chair by his bed. "What's with the change of heart?" Mark bit his lips, hesitant to answer. "Was that you?" tilting his head in his bed's direction.

"It was Jaebum. He has just left to grab some medications. I crashed at Youngjae's last night." Mark avoided telling the whole truth, hesitant to face Jinyoung's potentially negative reaction. The resultant tension was palpable in the air, as Jinyoung pushed his sandwich aside.

"Don't act like you care. I'm neither your friend nor a charity case." Jinyoung's tone was cold as ice, drawing the lines between them.

"Mind your fucking business, Mark Tuan."

Hello🤍🌷 How do you feel today? Always remember that here is a free space to share/ speak your feelings 🌷