. panicked lines .

Start from the beginning

"He forgot it in the lab with his phone," she hesitantly answered.

"We don't care that much, Jisoo."

"I---"

"I was clear, and we had a deal to stay away from him." He didn't need an explanation for the action. It was clear how the action showed Jisoo's kindness to the wrong person. He didn't react to her pout, crossing his arms.

"It's not the time for this, Jisoo. Let's have some coffee." Rose broke the tension, taking Jisoo out of the room.

Hours later, with no sign of waking up, the screen of Jinyoung's phone illuminated, vibrating non-stop inside the cursed jacket's pocket. Mark took out the phone, sliding right.

"Jaebum. It's me, Mark."

"Hi, why are you answering Jinyoung's phone?"

Mark was silent, trying to pick his words carefully. "He is fine, just tired.... Can you come over?"

"Fuck. I'm coming," Jaebum cursed, hanging up on him.

The silence of the long day switched to whimpers; Mark got a closer look at the guy as the whimpers became screams.

"No... Dad! Mom... p-please p-please, d-don't noooo!" Jinyoung cried in his sleep, his body squirming in pain. Mark grabbed his shoulders, trying to wake him up. "Wake up... Jinyoung..." The boy wasn't responding like something trapped him in a nightmare.

"Noooo! Mom..." the boy screamed against Mark's hold, leaving him no choice but shaking his figure harder. The doe-eyes filled with tears opened slightly half-conscious, and the screaming switched to loud sobs as he trembled against his hold.

Jaebum tapped his shoulder, asking him to leave his friend to him. He hugged his friend tight, his hand rubbing his roommate's back.

"It's Okay. You are okay," He whispered to Jinyoung. The latter cried harder, sniffing in Jaebum's neck. "W-why didn't you take me with you?" The boy mumbled between his sniffles before passing out again..

After lying his friend back onto the pillow, Jaebum tenderly asked Mark if they could swap rooms for the evening. Mark was shocked and taken aback by the unexpected situation.

"I can help."

"I know, but this is supposed to be a secret that he never wants to reveal. This was way worse than expected, and I don't know how he would react to your presence." Jaebum sighed softly, placing the cold towel against his friend's forehead.

"Take care of him. Call me if you need anything." Mark tapped the stressed guest's shoulder, leaving the room with a heavy heart.

'Who would believe that behind the playboy mask, there was a broken soul?'

It was eight in the morning when Jinyoung's alarm rang. His face scrunched in annoyance as the light battled with his eyes, blurring his vision. Adjusting to his surroundings, his vision spotted the cannula attached to his hand first.