3 paragraph essay

A 3 paragraph essay can be visualized into three parts; the introduction, a body with the required number of arguments, and a conclusion which summarizes the information. The introduction is the most important part of the essay as it carries the essay statement. The statement conveys information about the topic to readers. So it has to be complete and compelling enough to attract them. The body of the essay holds the arguments. These arguments are arranged logically one after another and connect with the essay statement. The conclusion summarizes the content covered earlier and ends by providing direction to the readers for further action. Essay writing is an art, and students have to pay attention to techniques that would help them compile a good essay.

1. The topic would have been given or students would have to come up with their own essay. General topics would have been provided in class, which could form the basis for coming up with topics of their own. 3 paragraph essays would be short essays. Students should therefore strive to write on topics covered in class. For instance, the topic provided in class could be a one-act play like "The Judge's Home." This is a lengthy play, and students can write on certain characters of the play or about the background of the play. The topic chosen should be able to include content that could be covered in three paragraphs.

2. Students have an easy assignment, as they have to visualize the content to be included in three paragraphs. The structure can be made in the form of a rough draft with the thesis statement being the most important and so has to be thought of first. It can be always edited at a later stage. The introduction can contain other important information that would lead readers to arguments that support the essay statement. It does not have to give out details but should be compelling enough to draw readers on to read further.

3. In the body of the essay, students can just note down the points or arguments. Additional arguments can be added later, if required. Students need to focus on compiling statements one after the other. As they start writing, the structure of the essay would get clearer. Including relevant content in a 3 paragraph essay is an easy task.

4. Preparing a template that allows the required number of words is a good technique that helps in writing essays faster. The template can hold the outline of the essay. Students can then elaborate on the points or arguments added without compromising on the quality.

5. Proof reading and editing is the most important exercise students would have to undertake in 3 paragraph essays. Readers have to be presented with be a short compelling essay that is complete in every sense. Writers have to manage this in their own style of writing. The editing process, therefore, would have to ensure that the essay does not have grammatical or sentence structure errors. The applied logic has to be complete. Students should not hesitate to redraft short essays, if they are not satisfied with the result.