Chapter 39: Katniss Everdeen

Začít od začátku

"Maybe-" Callum started.

"Shh," I shushed him as I pointed a stern finger his way before facing Taelyn. "This isn't up for discussion. You've never been in a fight before and this is different. Those rogues are ruthless and they'd kill you without blinking an eye."

"Everette maybe don't say that?" Cal suggested but Taelyn didn't back down.

She took a step closer and straightened up, "When you were my age you were already training to become an Alpha. I've been here training with the rest of the kids on how to fight. We may not know how to shift, but we can fight." 

"You can fight humans, yes. I'm sure you can even take Callum down but a werewolf is different. They're bigger and stronger and faster and they'll knock you down." 

"Well if you think I'm going to sit around while my entire family fights for our lives then you're wrong. I will be there one way or another and you know you can't stop me when the war breaks out," The perseverance in her eyes and the confidence in her tone didn't surprise me. 

Taelyn has always been level headed and had a strong personality. She was a Blackwood after all. 

"I know and that is what I'm afraid of. You getting hurt," I admitted. 

"If you two care about my opinion at all," Callum interrupted, "then I think I have an idea."

Tae's eyes lit up and she looked at him in anticipation, "Tell us."

"Ev?" He raised a brow when I turned to him.

I nodded for him to go on and he grinned.

"When I was ten years old I started archery. Taelyn's fourteen, she can handle a bow and arrow. She could stay up in the trees with the hunters. That way she can help and she won't be in middle of the danger on the ground."

"Ohh, that's a good idea," She high fived Cal and was hopping up and down with excitement. 

"Woah, let's talk this out for a moment," I raised my hands to calm her down.

"What's there to talk about? All I need is a bow and some arrows and Callum will teach me, won't you Cal?" She pleaded with my mate and he nodded at her with a smile. 

"There is a lot to talk about, first thing being that you don't know how to use a bow and arrow. You're not Katniss Everdeen!" I exclaimed. 

She narrowed her eyes at me, "You've never even read the books."

Guilty as charged. 

"I've watched the movies..."

"You watched one and not even the entire thing," Tae pointed out.

"Okay, okay. I didn't but that is so not the point here. You don't know how to shoot and Doris could literally walk her old ass in her any time now."

"I think you should let her try," Cal said.

"I'm with Callum."

"Of course you are," I groaned. 

"Come on Ev, just let her try. If she has some potential, she could work on it. If not then she will agree to sit it out. Isn't that right Tae?" He gave her a pointed look.

She immediately nodded, "Absolutely. If you don't let me at least try then I won't promise you and I will definitely sneak out when the rogues attack."

"Are you giving me an ultimatum kid?"

"I'm giving you choices, you choose sis. It's all on you." Her smirk was set because she knew she had me there.