Chapter 2

The presence remained in your room throughout the night, a dark silhouette standing in the corner. It was that purple-haired character you knew very well. Though he didn’t know you as well as you knew him, at least what you thought you knew, he began to gain interest in you. He stood in your room, not making a single noise as he just stared at you while you slept. His eyes couldn’t seem to take themselves off of you, as if he were in a small trance, unable to pull himself away. Of course, he couldn’t stay there all night. By the time the sun began to rise he held his bear tightly as he walked over to the window, opening it slightly as he jumped out.  Fortunately,  nobody saw him. He took one last glance at the place before walking away.

    Kanato made his way through the now busy streets, looking up to the sky that was now mixed with shades of orange and blue. It was a myth you know, saying that vampires can’t tolerate the sun’s rays. For a vampire like himself, this was good. This meant that it was much easier for them to blend in with everyone else. As in, the less likely they were to be caught by hunters. Kanato walked home, thinking about last night’s events. Not that there was really too much to think about. He did a little bit of stalking, entered without permission, and just made his way home. Casual stuff, right? “Oi, where the hell were you?” Was the first thing he heard when walking inside. His brother Ayato was already on his case. Reiji peered from the corner as he decided to join in on the conversation, “He’s right, where were you last night?” “I was just out for a walk” Kanato replied. He wasn’t exactly lying, but he wasn’t telling the full truth either.

    It all started when he was taking a walk, he saw you through the window, boom. Jackpot. There were myths about vampires that were true. He could indeed smell a human’s blood. Yours just happened to be appealing to him. Enough to make him track you down, even going as far as trying to build a friendship. Who would believe a teen about a vampire? Nobody, they were the perfect victims. Kanato simply shrugged his shoulders a little as he walked up the stairs, entering his room with Teddy held closely to his chest. He didn’t have much to do in order to pass time. So, he decided to lie down on the bed, taking a nap as he pleased. Vampires didn’t need sleep, but sometimes it just kinda felt nice.

-To reader-chan! A bit cringy? Yeah, but I wanted to throw that back in >.> just this once-

    You awoke to your alarm, which happened to be one of your favorite songs, You know, the one that is just strangely louder than all the others in the playlist? You let out a small groan, turning onto your side, pressing the dismiss button. You laid in bed for a few moments longer before finally sitting up. You stretched a little bit with a yawn as you forced yourself to get out of bed. You went to your closet, picking out mostly a random outfit. It was something comfortable, appropriate, but barely matched. It was gonna end up back in a laundry basket, so why bother?

    School was something you didn’t find very pleasant. For the most part, classes were just boring. You did often enjoy your writing classes. For the most part, you would turn in your own fanfictions for homework. As long as they were appropriate and fit the requirements, your teacher didn’t mind at all. You hummed lightly to yourself as you put on some socks and made your way down the stairs. Entering the kitchen, you decided to grab a simple poptart for breakfast. Going into the living room, you bent down to slip on your shoes. Popart, still in your mouth. You then took a bite, as you reached to grab your bag. You casually threw it over your shoulder as you then exited the house. You often walked to school, each step being forced to the hellhole. You didn’t live very far from the school, so you felt no need to ride the bus. You stopped all movement as you stared at the school, dreading to step onto grounds. Of course, you continued your way because the last thing you needed to do was to explain to your parents why you skipped.

-Back to Kanato-

    Kanato’s sleep was soon disrupted by his older brother, Laito. “‘C’mon, wake up. Classes start soon”. Waking up from his slumber, he sat there, confusion written all over his face. There was a small silence as he only said, “Why?” Laito only gave a small shrug, before turning on his heel to leave the room. Kanato sighed, mumbling something to himself as he got out of bed. It didn’t really make sense to him. Why were they suddenly switched to public day schools? Finally dragging himself out of bed, he exited his room to meet his brothers by the entrance of the manor. They all waited outside as a vehicle soon pulled in, stopping right in front of the steps. All of the boys entered the vehicle, not bothering to buckle up as it began to pull out from the driveway. Kanato leaned on his hand, looking out the window as they made their way to the local school.

    Eventually, they all arrived at the school. As he climbed out, he noticed that the building looked very familiar. He knew that you went to this school. As his eyes began to scan around the cluster of people, his eyes landed on you. He held teddy tight, a small smirk appeared on his lips as he gathered the courage to walk up to you. “Hello (Y/N)” He quietly said, but it was still loud enough for you to hear.  You turned around cheerfully, your smile quickly disappeared as it was now replaced with pure shock. Right in front of you, was your favorite character. Kanato Sakamaki.

//Hello! Sorry for this being a little late! Better late than never I suppose! I’m working on a small writing project for one of my classes, but I’ll be working on this whenever I can! (If I’m not playing pokemon and crocheting)