s e v e n t e e n

Start from the beginning

"Hey guys, for our week break I think I'm going to go home" I said as I walked onto the bus.

"Because Tate and Riley are sick," Calum smiled. I nodded.

"I just can't be here while Riley's got a 101 fever. And with his heart- I just can't be here" I sighed.

"Because if something was to happen you'd beat yourself up for not being home" Luke inquired and I nodded.

****

I was now at the airport and on a flight to LA. I'm not missing any shows so it's okay. The girls were flying out to meet us because we were going to be off and we were surprising them with a little vacation, but of course, Riley and Tate have to stay behind because they are sick.

When I got off the plane at midnight, I had a missed text from an hour ago, from Tate, saying that she and Riley were going to sleep and that she loved me. I smiled and grabbed my bags and an Uber and headed home to my sick family.

****

I got home and went inside. All the lights were off except for the light over the stove. I dropped my things and walked to mine and Tate's room.

I went in and saw baby food jars, water cups, baby bottles, and a couple of rolled-up dirty diapers scattered on the two nightstands. The TV was still on but at a low volume. Tate was curled up on my side of the bed and Riley was right next to her, with a pillow on his other side.

I walked behind Tate and sat on the edge behind her, gently touching her shoulder. She shuffled and turned her head.

"Ash?" She tried to smile.

"Hi baby" I smiled and leaned down to kiss her.

"What're you doing here?" She asked, turning over and sitting up.

"I came to take care of you guys," I told her. She smiled and scooted closer and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I told you not to come home" she mumbled into my neck.

"I have the week off. It was going to be a vacation surprise for you girls but you guys are sick" I explained. I felt her smile and she kissed my neck once and pulled back.

"Well I'm glad you're here then," she told me.

"Me too" I kissed her again before she laid back down.

"Stop sitting there and take your clothes off and cuddle me" she demanded in her tired state, but I had to joke about it.

"Woah tiger! Riley's in bed too" I smirked.

"I will murder you. You know what I meant" she grumbled. I laughed and pulled my shirt, jeans, and shoes off, leaving me in my boxers, and got in bed behind her.

I could feel Tate shaking in my arms and I reached over to check Riley, but he was nice and warm.

"Baby, you're freezing" I whispered.

"I know" she choked. She turned over and moved to where she was laying directly on top of me.

"You're very warm" she laughed and buried her head in my chest. I laughed and could feel myself getting hard. After a few weeks of not seeing her, I'm a little turned on right now with her laying on me.

"Seriously Ash" she groaned as she felt me on her thigh.

"Sorry! It's been a few weeks" I defended. She laughed and rotated a little before falling asleep.

< Next morning >

I woke up around 7:30 am. Tate was now next to me asleep and Riley was still asleep. Riley woke up a few times but I handled him and let Tate sleep.