Road to Recovery

*Rubys POV*

It's been two weeks and Yang has been taking care of Sun since he left the infirmary. Hasn't gone back on her word. When Weiss and Blake finally found out what had happened it nearly broke Blake to pieces but she forgave Yang. She knew it wasn't intentional and that her semblance is nearly uncontrollable. When Yang came back to the dorm on the day of the accident Blake hugged Yang. Reassuring her that she wasn't mad and doesn't blame her. It was honestly sweet.
I layed on my bunk staring up at the ceiling ready for my next mission. Ready to show what I'm capable of. Weiss entered the room with Blake talking about their earlier class. "Weiss you didn't have to embarrass Jaune like that." Blake said giggling. "We had to beat our opponent right? I wasn't going to to let him beat me." Weiss said making her way to her bunk and sitting down. "Yeah that's true I guess Blake said smiling and sitting on her bunk. She pulled out a book titled Love Will Prevail. She didn't seem like the reading type but she loves her romance novels. "I'm guessing Yang is still with Sun?" I said sitting up dangling my feet from the top bunk. "Ruby, your feet are in my face." Weiss said bitterly.
"Oh, sorry Weiss." I said jumping down and sitting next to Weiss on her bed. "Yeah. She should be back soon. His team was leaving the cafeteria once we left." Blake said as her eyes scanned her book. "Hey guys I'm backkkk!" Yang shouted bursting into the room. "What have you guys been up to?" She said making her way to to Blake's bunk and sitting down. "Food, class, reading." Blake said continuing to read her book. "And we have a mission after the weekend!" Ruby said standing to her feet arms in the air. "Oh fun. Tell me how it goes will you?" Yang said booping Blake on the nose and jumping in her bunk. Blake released a smile seeing that her friend was in good spirits. "How's Sun doing?" Weiss asked curiously. "He's doing better. Walking better and faster. Still a smart ass but I'm kind of used to it at this point." She said crossing her arms behind her head. "Now you see my struggle." Blake said laughing as Yang joined. "Is there any word on his recovery time?" I asked her sitting back down next to Weiss. "Nurse estimates at least another 2 months but depending on how his body handles it, could be sooner." She said sighing. "Well it's some good news right?" I added. "Well... not entirely. His X-rays show something weird going on with his body. Like his semblance has a physical presence inside of him." Yang said. A physical presence? I thought to myself. "What does that mean?" Blake said sounding concerned. She had closed her book at the news. "We don't really know. It's the first case of this anyone has ever seen." Yang said sitting up. "I'm sure it's nothing serious." Weiss said standing up and walking to the window. "That's the thing. It's like he has a second semblance or something." Yang said looking at Ruby and Weiss. "A second semblance? Is that possible." Blake said sounding very concerned. You could hear it in her voice. Yang noticed it too and hopped down to face Blake. "Hey, don't think on it too much okay? I'm sure Sun is just a special case." She said reassuring Blake. "It hasn't done anything to him. It's just physical. Don't stress, he'll be okay." Yang said poking one her ears. Blake swatted her hand away playfully smiling. "Take care of him please?" Blake asked Yang. "Ofcourse, I'll make sure of it." Yang said hopping back up onto her bunk. I tried to wrap my head around what Yang told us and it just didn't click with me. A second semblance? How could that be?

*The Next Day*

*Suns POV*

I was forced awake by the pain in my chest. I struggled to sit up straight and fully come to my senses. After about 3 minutes I took my medication Yang left for me the night before. Helps with the pain a lot. My mates were on a mission and so I just sat in my empty room on my bunk feeling useless. I wasn't in class so I'm a little grateful for that. I picked up my scroll and saw a message from Yang. "I'll be there shortly, getting ready. Don't do anything stupid haha." Its not like I'm capable of doing anything stupid. I chuckled and replied "Will do 😁." I sat my scroll down and waited for Yang. I got up and got dressed very slowly but I was capable. I made my way to the bathroom for a quick pee and brushed my teeth. Before I put my shirt on I looked at my chest in the mirror. It was partially purple and still bruised but a lot less than last week. At least I'm recovering well. I thought to myself. Chest still hurts but I've been through worse. I put my shirt on and made my way to my bunk slowly so I didn't hurt myself more. As I sat down there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" I said loudly. Yang entered and shut the door behind her. "Hey, how are you doing?" She asked me sitting on Neptune's bunk which was beside mine. "I'm alright. A little bored but it's better than going to class." I said with a slight laugh. "I hear you there. Did you take your medicine?" She asked politely. "As soon as I woke up like you said." I told her. "How's your chest?" She said with a hint of sadness. "I've been through worse but it's getting better." I assured her. "Can I see it?" She asked. Almost sounding as if she didn't believe me. "Sure." I said as I stood up. She walked over to me and ran a finger along the outer edge of the bruises. "1 to 10 how bad does it hurt?" She asked. "I'd say a 6 or 7 but the medication hasn't kicked in yet so it'll be about a 4 soon." I informed her. She nodded in response. "Are you hungry?" She asked me looking up at me. I was taller than her after all by a few inches. "I'm always hungry." I said with a big smile, excited at the thought of food. "Okay, I'll run to the cafeteria and grab some food for us." She said turning away to leave. "Yang, wait." I said. She stopped and turned to face me. "Is everything okay?" She said looking a bit worried. "Yeah just... I want to know how you're feeling. About all this. It can't be easy to deal with. What's on your mind?" I asked concerned. She walked back over to Neptune's bunk and sat. "Well... I still hate myself for the fact that I hurt you very badly. To almost take the life of one of my own is screwing with my mental horribly. I barely eat, I barely sleep. I-... I want you to get better over all." She said looking into my eyes. She wasn't physically hurt but I could still see her pain. "I just want a way to pay you back. To let you know I'm truly sorry and-." I cut her off with a kiss. I can tell she was surprised because she jumped a bit. But she didn't pull away. Instead she gently grabbed my face and kissed me back. It wasn't like anything I've ever felt before. My chest was killing me cause of the sudden jump I made to kiss her but I didn't care. We broke the kiss and stared into each other's eyes. Recovery was going a lot better than expected.