Harry leaves his shocked mother behind as he pushes himself into the school building to meet with the counselor.

-

"That would be all, Mister Styles." the counselor, whoms name Harry already forgot, says. "We have a student wait for you to show you to your locker and then to your classes. You have the same shedule as him so you have someone to approach if any questions come up."

The man stands up and opens the door for Harry. The paralysed student rolls out of the room spotting an alpha across from the door right away. The strangers brown eyes are wide in surprise as he stares at Harry's wheelchair.

"Ah, good." Counselor says. "You're already here. Thank you for showing him around." With this Counselor walks back in his office.

Harry scoffs. That man is probably glad to not have to deal with him anymore.

"Hey mate, I'm Zayn. Nice to meet you." the alpha claims holding out a hand for Harry to shake.

Harry does not shake the offered hand.

"Harry. Where is my locker?" he asks coldly.

Harry has the plan to not make friends. Most of them probably would wanna be his friends out of pity and Harry doesn't need that. And he doesn't deserve friends anyways. His old ones left him after they came to know that he is paralyzed now so who needs them anyways?

"Uhm, right this way." Zayn says a bit taken aback by the rude demeanor of this guy.

-

It's lunch break and so far Harry managed to ignore the stares, the whispers and the pity. But now, entering the huge dining hall he can't stop from groaning.

It appears the whole school is in here and someone announced Harry's arrival because every single eye is on him. And Harry hates it.

The alpha lets out a low growl. Every omega immediately looks down, even a few alphas. If he want's Harry can be intimidating.

"Hey, Harry." someone says from Harry's left.

The addressed alpha turns his head to glare at the person, but he just rolls his eyes as realises it's just Zayn.

In the few hours he's been here he learned a few things about Zayn. He isn't a talker, but he is fucking stubborn. So he stayed with Harry every minute so far, even when the green eyed alpha had to pee. Zayn was even that weird to ask how it works, but after Harry's eyes turned red and he growled threateningly that he will rip out the other's knot if he doesn't leave him alone, he left.

"What?" he asks already annoyed. At least he acts annoyed.

"I thought you maybe wanna join me and my mates for lunch." Zayn says smiling.

That's another thing. He seems to be always happy. Harry doesn't remember how that feels.

"Well, you thought wrong, Zack." Harry says, getting the name wrong on purpose.

"Okay, then good luck finding somewhere to sit after what you just pulled, Harriet." Zayn retors with a shrug and turns around.

A quick look around tells him Zayn is probably right. So Harry sighs and follows the alpha.

Harry can practically see Zayn's smile and he can't stop a teeny tiny smile to appear on his face as well.

-

"Calm down, it wasn't directed at you." the brown haired beta tries to comfort the shaking omega.

"It was. I stared too." the omega admits quietly.

The beta is pushed away and a familiar scent fills the small one's nose. He is pulled in a hug and it relaxes him a bit.

"You are alright Lou. He didn't direct it at you personally, everyone stared, not just you." the alpha soothes while rubbing his hand up and down the omegas back.

Louis breathing calms down after a bit and he pushes the alpha away. A sheepish look on his face while he blushes. "Sorry for overreacting." he apologizes to his friends around the table. "And thanks for helping me, Shawn. Again." he scratches the back of his neck as Shawn ruffles his hair before moving back to his usual seat.

"You didn't overreact, Louis." the beta next to him states. "His growl was close to his alpha voice. Every omega reacted similar to you."

"But my reaction was the worst." Louis claims quietly, looking down at his food.

The table keeps quiet, because they all know Louis won't change his mind anyway. He is a stubborn one.

The omega doesn't eat, he just plays with the food while thinking about things he doesn't want to think about. For example how scared he is for his next class. Social Dynamics. Because he has to work with an alpha and well... he doesn't have had the best experience with those.

Louis looks up as he feels a continues stare at him. His eyes immediately meet green eyes across the room. The blue eyed boy's breath hitches as his eyes grow wide. But he is quick to look back down on his food, cheeks heating up as he gets a funny feeling in his tummy.

Why did the new alpha stare at him? Did he do something wrong? Louis hopes he didn't anger the male because he looked him right in the eyes. A lot of alphas don't like that and a lot of alphas are short tempered.