He cracks a reassuring smile. "As I could ever be."

Following the Pevensie Kings, Cady makes her way out of the How and towards the duelling arena. As they emerge from the entrance, the Narnians cheer loudly in support.

She glares across the duelling area, eyes meeting Miraz's angrily before turning to Peter, pulling him into a quick hug. "Please be careful," she pleads. "I refuse to lose anyone else."

"As you wish, Cady." Peter dips his head, a reassuring smile on his face. "Don't worry, I'll be alright."

The High King unsheathes his sword, turning towards the Narnians behind them briefly with a warm smile before turning back to Miraz and stepping into the duel.

Cady pulls her posture straight as she stands with Edmund, one hand holding her dagger in a deathly tight grip and the other reaching for Edmund's hand. When she takes his, he inhales sharply and looks over to her with a gentle smile, yet his eyes are stern with determination.

"There is still time to surrender," Miraz says.

"Well, feel free," Peter replies.

"How many more must die for the throne?" Miraz asks.

"Just one." Cady can hear Peter's response just as he pulls down his helmet, shielding his face.

He shouts as he leaps from a rock, his sword clashing against her uncle's shield.

The crowd behind them cheer as metal collides with metal, both their stances unyielding in the duel.

Peter hits Miraz in the back, and Miraz retaliates by knocking Peter's helmet off, and then his coif. But Peter swings low, and cuts his opponent's leg easily, drawing blood.

Cady bites back a flinch when Miraz trips Peter. The High King falls, and Miraz steps on his shield without mercy. The action twists Peter's arm in the wrong angle, and he lets out a painful yell before he rolls out of the way just in time to dodge Miraz's swings.

Then he stops and Miraz trips over him. Both of them recover quickly, getting up with heavy breaths and the resolve to not be beaten by the other.

For a moment, Peter becomes distracted by someone's approach, looking over Miraz's shoulder. From behind, Cady spots Caspian riding back to the How with Susan sitting behind him. Taking his opportunity at the moment of distraction, Miraz asks, "Does his highness need a respite?"

"Five minutes?"

"Three!"

Peter turns back to Cady and Edmund, and finally drops his facade. He limps back painfully, grimacing at his dislocated arm and one hand gripping his sword tight like it is his lifeline. Cady hurries forward, wrapping an arm around him to help take part of his weight. Edmund rushes forward to pick his abandoned helmet up from the ground.

Behind them, the Narnians shuffle and whisper nervously.

"Lucy?" Peter's voice is laced with worry.

"She got through," Susan replies before moving in Caspian's direction. "With a little help."

"Thanks," Peter says to Caspian.

"Well, you were busy." Caspian nods, acknowledging the duel.

The High King turns to Susan. "You better get up there, just in case. I don't expect the Telmarines will keep their word."

Susan pulls Peter in for a quick hug and he grunts in response.

"Sorry," Susan apologises.

"It's alright," Peter mumbles.