ELEVEN.

"so show me, i show you."

-

ELEVEN.

CADY HAS ALREADY FORGIVEN PETER, because her brother is about to do something that is either stupid or dangerous. She shares a look with Edmund and finds him already reaching for his sword. "Where?" Cady asks, pushing past the girl and running down the stairs.

"Down at the stone table!" The girl shouts down.

Edmund follows her closely behind, dashing after her without a moment's hesitation.

Cady skids to a stop when she arrives at the den, shivering at the cold air and finding a thick sheen of ice linking two columns together, covering over Aslan's carving on the wall. A tall figure laced in white floats within the ice. "Caspian!" She shouts.

Her brother stands in an engraved circle before the ice, with his hand held out and a bloody outstretched palm reaching towards the White Witch.

"Caspian, no!" Cady yells at her brother, pulling out her swords and swinging at the wolfish creature, diving down as it swipes its claws at her.

Cady drags her falchions down his body before leaping up from the ground, making her way to her brother. "Cas!"

"Stop!" Peter shouts behind her. Cady turns to look and finds him staring around the room with determination, Trumpkin following him closely behind.

Cady makes her way towards Caspian but Nikabrik pushes her aside, his dagger drawn as he moves to strike her.

The girl spins to the side quickly and swings her legs around, tripping the dwarf and knocking him over.

Cady dashes to her brother once more but the wolf-like creature swipes at her out of nowhere when she almost reaches him, its sharp claws gashing into her side as she lets out a pained scream, twisting to stab him in return.

The creature howls loudly, dropping her as Edmund dashes to him from behind.

Edmund raises his sword, running up a hedge of stone as the wolf turns to him, its claws swinging at him. The king drags the sword down, slicing through the dark creature.

The wolf-hybrid lets out a pained yelp and drops to the ground with a thud. Edmund turns to Cady, concern in his eyes. He pulls her up to a step. "Don't you dare move, princess," he hisses, his brown eyes staring down into hers warningly.

Cady manages a weak smile, "Yes, your Majesty."

Peter knocks the birdish creature down on a rock and dashes over to Caspian, knocking him aside and facing the White Witch. With his sword held high, the High King shouts, "Get away from him!"

The White Witch smiles coldly, retracting her hand into the ice and tilting her head as if daring him to step closer.

"Peter, dear," she cooed, her hand stretching out once more. "I've missed you. Come, just one drop."

Peter stares at her, his gaze stoned and entranced as if he is considering his options. It is stupid even to consider this option.

"You know you can't do this alone," the White Witch adds with a knowing smirk.

"Peter, don't!" Cady moves to walk to him but falls to the ground with a whimper, pressing a hand to her bloodied side. She watches helplessly as Peter lowers his sword.

And a sword pierces through the ice, stabbing straight through the White Witch, who lets out a devastating cry. Her body dips back in an arch and the ice wall shatters to the ground.

Edmund stands tall from behind, clutching his sword as he stares at Peter and Caspian blankly.

"I know. You had it sorted," Edmund deadpans before turning to Cady and letting out a small 'tsk'. He wraps an arm around her waist and helps her up from the ground. The girl lets out a whimper and leans down, curling into herself as she pulls her hand up to examine the blood.

Cady catches Caspian's eyes and finds herself staring back with a glare. She doesn't know if she's angry that he would have the audacity to do something with Black Magic or apologetic that she wasn't here to help him.

"Cads," Her brother's gaze clears, blinking as he realises that Cady is bleeding. "Wait, you're hurt. Cads!"

The princess tears her gaze from Caspian and gives Edmund a look, which he understands almost immediately and starts heading out of the den.

Edmund leads Cady past Susan without a backwards glance. The queen glaring angrily at Peter and Caspian before storming out of the chamber.

Edmund helps her out the tunnel, ignoring the curious stares and mumbled whispers that travel through the Narnians. He sits her down on the river shore and hands her some bandages he had swiped from the supplies just then.

"Do you mind?" He asks, his cheeks dusting a faint pink.

"Mind what?" Cady winces, turning around to face him and hissing as the wound opens up a little wider.

"Pulling up your shirt so I can look at your wound," Edmund replies in a matter-of-fact way, his fingers grazing the edge of her body.

Cady almost smirks, managing to say, "If you wanted me to take off my clothes you could've just asked."

"Oh, shut up." He smiles at her attempt at a joke, pulling her dress up and peeling the fabric from her bloodied wound. She barely catches the soft curse that comes from his lips when he grimaces at her injury.

Cady hisses as he pulls the shreds of clothing aside, taking out a small rag and dipping it into the clear water before pressing it against her side.

The girl flinches, clamming her mouth shut and muffling a yell.

"Does it hurt?" Edmund looks at her, putting pressure to the wound as he tries to stop the bleeding.

Cady breathes in shakily, mustering a weak "no".

"Don't lie to me, princess." Edmund purses his lips, pulling out the roll of gauze.

"Is it bad?" Cady chokes out faintly, lowering her head as he dresses her wound.

"I mean, well, it's a pretty deep gash," Edmund mumbles.

"Edmund," Cady insists. "Is it bad?"

"It'll heal fast, you'll be able to fight properly within a few days," he replies, peering at the bandage around her waist.

"A few days? But I have to–"

"No buts, you have to hold off the training and heal properly," Edmund instructs. The stern look in his eyes makes Cady's legs weak and she gives him a timid nod, knowing that she cannot argue her way out of this.

He gives her a half smile, almost a satisfied smirk, as he finishes tending to her wound, wrapping the gauze around her waist and tightening it around securely.

Edmund helps her up, smoothing her dress down for her so that it covers the bandages. "I'll find someone to mend this for you," he says. His hand comes up and hovers above the torn bloodstained fabric at her waist, his fingertips just barely brushing above her skin and it sends jolts of electricity up her body. It is like a fire burning deep within her has been lit and everything seems clearer.

Just as quickly as he does it, his brown eyes meet Cady's blue orbs and he retracts his hand. Edmund clears his throat and lets his hand drop to his side, taking a step back as if he crossed a line.

"Let's go back inside," Edmund scratches the back of his neck and turns away from her, avoiding her gaze.

In that moment, just knowing that he would care is enough.