TEN.

"starry eyes lighting up the darkest nights"

-

TEN.

HER FAMILY ALWAYS TOLD CADY SHE LOVES AND ACTS UNCONDITIONALLY, that she will follow the people she loves without looking back, whether it be jumping off a cliff or dashing into battle. They aren't wrong of course, Cady has always been wild and without rules.

Cady draws her pair of swords from their sheathes and follows Peter into the fight with a war cry. She slashes her falchions at incoming soldiers, their faces blurring together as she tries not to think whether or not her blades cut through anyone she knows.

Everything comes at a roar to her, each move is based on instinct and muscle memory. And Cady has a perfect memory.

Each spin and step, dodge and slash, are perfectly calculated, completely relying on intuition and skill. Cady hopes that her mother would be proud of the warrior her daughter has grown into.

Cady makes her way up a flight of stairs as archers line up on a balcony, aiming for her Narnian friends in the courtyard below.

She spins as she cuts a soldier across his chest, grunting as she stabs another. When she thrusts her falchion swords forward, the soldier dodges it, and she nearly loses her balance when he pushes her aside.

"Princess Cadence?" The soldier asks when Cady moves forward to attack him again.

She holds her falchions in place instead of attacking him, stunned, then says, "General Walter?"

Cady's face pales but he doesn't strike, he looks away and continues down the stairs as if he hasn't seen her at all.

"Fall back!" Cady can hear Peter shout from below.

But before Cady can start moving downwards, Telmarine soldiers swarm into the stairway, blocking her exit.

"Up there!" One of the men shouts.

Cady dashes up the tower as soldiers follow her, bursting through the door at the end and sliding the wooden lock across to block their entry. The soldiers slam into the door forcefully, their armour clanking against the door as they try to break through.

"No, no, no, no," Cady murmurs, looking down the side of the balcony and realising that she is in one of the Northern Towers. Cady watches from above as their troops scatter the ground, running towards the gate to escape.

The minotaur holding the gate up struggles to keep it open as arrow after arrow lodges itself into their body.

Cady can almost hear Caspian's "I told you so" ringing in her ears when she realises that there is no escape up at the tower.

The Telmarines close upon her Narnian troops quickly as they all make for the gate. Cady takes a look back at the shuddering door of the tower. It wouldn't hold long.

Cady jumps up, grabbing the doorframe and hoisting herself up to the roof just as the wooden door below breaks with a sharp crack. Telmarine soldiers fill the landing of the tower, their swords held up and ready to strike.

A whoosh comes from above as a familiar figure falls backward from a gap in the balcony and lands on a griffin from an even taller tower. Show off.

Cady looks down at the soldiers before waving at the brunet perched on the griffin. "Edmund!"

He looks her way, his eyes widening before directing the griffin towards her.

"Up there!" A soldier below her shouts, pointing up towards CAdy.

"Quick, someone get her!"

"Don't just stand there you idiots! Get her!"