twenty-five (end credits)

may 23rd, 2014
11:48pm

𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝘼𝙄𝙉.

The woman barely remembered anything but her whole body was screaming at her. She thought she was dead for a moment, thinking that she would finally be at peace from her lifelong sins.

Aurora Barnes was alive.

But she woke up with darkness surrounding her. Her head was pounding and her body was sore. Then she thought of the bullet that entered her, piercing her stomach. She could feel something protecting the wound – a bandaged wrapped around her torso.

Her body lifted from the dirty pallet on the floor, thinking where she could be right now. What day was it? How did she get her?

Then she remembered the plan to stop Project Insight, taking down HYDRA and SHIELD. She had friends with her though—Steve and Sam. But she looked around and both of them weren't even there with her, they left her alone again.

Aurora then created a small ball of fire in the palm of her hand acting as a candle. She stood in the hallway on very abandoned house, it was old and damaged to the point where the windows were boarded up and overgrown grass planted its self inside of the home. It was nearly midnight after the destruction of the helicarriers and everyone was still on alert, looking for her.

She shuffled into the open living room, there was a dusty couch in front of her and an old broken table. Even in the darkness, Aurora did not feel alone.

Her body jumped at the sudden creek from the floor, waving the flame out in front of her.

"Kto zdes'? YA ub'yu tebya!" Aurora hissed out into the open air. Who's there? I'll kill you!

She focused her eyes to the corner of the room, the bright moon shined through the cracks of the covered up window. She gasped, immediately recognizing the silver fingers.

The shadow stood up, walking into the light. Aurora once knew the man that met her down the aisle, the first person she talked to in middle school.

Bucky Barnes. James as she always called him. Her husband.

The man and woman blankly glared at each other. The tension was so thick that it was barely hard to breath, she wanted to choke on the dusty air.

"Do you remember me?" Aurora cut the silence.

Bucky nodded. He was looking at her and felt something he could have never have in his service to HYDRA.

Love.

Bucky loved Aurora.

He loved her when she was upset or when she was passionate over something. He loved her curiosity and he loved her when she could tell when something was wrong.

"Yes..." His head lifted up, "you're my wife."

Aurora smiled. She walked closer, her flame growing brighter as it casted onto his skin. There he was, right in front of her for the first time in almost a year century. James was so much different now than in the forties. He lost his spark, his courage and charm. It all washed away every time he was wiped, now he was something the both of them couldn't recognize.