sixteen

the triskelion, shield hq
may 20th, 2014
12:48pm

𝘼𝙐𝙍𝙊𝙍𝘼 𝘼𝙇𝙒𝘼𝙔𝙎 𝙇𝙄𝙆𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙊 𝘽𝙐𝙍𝙉 𝘽𝙍𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏.

She could burn as bright as the sun if she wanted to. Her powers changed her over the years and it made her who she was meant to be a star.

But when the star found out she couldn't be in a room where the temperature was below freezing, she became weak. The scientists tested that her powers would dissolve in the cold, so cryo would have to be light but still effective.

They still had her in the power damping handcuffs, though her wrists were healed. And the temperature was a soaring 12 degrees. Normally, Aurora's body would be constantly warm because of her powers, but it felt like her blood was becoming frozen in her veins. She needed fire. Just for the room to spontaneously burst into flame so that she could get her powers back.

But SHIELD wasn't gonna let that happen.

She and her partner killed the director, so they were going to have a slight grudge on the person who did it. HYDRA probably had the next person in line to give these powers to, seeing that her rescue was not coming. Aurora couldn't wait to get her powers restored so she could burn the building to the ground and she was the last one standing. Her enemies captured her, they were going to pay.

The door to the interrogation room opened, a  woman with the brightest red hair came into the room. She looked like she didn't come to play, eyeing the woman in chains.

Aurora's face was emotionless, showing the enemies your face was a sign of weakness and she was not weak. She blankly stared at the walls, ignoring the woman sitting in front of her.

"We have you on file now," the woman spoke finally. "Should we get to talking or should we just have a look at who you truly are?"

Aurora kept her mouth shut, her lips pressed into a straight line and her cuffed arms crossed on the table.

"So what would happen if we turned the temperature down some more? I mean, you're starting to turn blue around the lips." the agent pointed to Aurora's face, the mutant still didn't move.

The two women stared at each other, both wanting and thinking about all the moves they could have made in silence. The redhead turned to the double-sided mirror, nodding.

Aurora could feel the temperature drop again, closing her eyes as she grew tired and sluggish. But she wasn't going to crack. She was way too strong for her to do that.

"You're shaking," the agent pointed out.

She sat down in front of Aurora. "I just want you to tell me who was with you during the scene. Was that your partner? It didn't seem like it because partners shouldn't leave each other," the woman smirked.

Aurora still didn't budge, her lips and body were trembling with the temperature dropping again.

"You could make this all stop, you know? Just tell me who your buddy was that shot my boss and we can turn up the heat for you," the redhead persisted, dragging this out as long as Aurora could.

Aurora turned her head the other way, eyes glaring the woman. 

"Nope." She finally spoke, popping the consonant.

The agent smirked, watching the woman smile below her. "Come on, you and your partner had one mission. And when the trouble started, he left you and you stayed behind. He left you without a doubt and you don't want to get back at him? It's kinda pathetic," she said.

Aurora fixed her posture and chuckled. "What's so pathetic, Agent is that you're pressuring me into snitching on a man I do not care about. The man you are looking for means nothing to me," the woman snapped.

"Then why won't you give his name up then if you don't care about him?"

Aurora sucked her teeth and laughed, she was delusional at this point. "HYDRA never spills their secrets, lady," the agent watched her throw her head back with laughter.

The agent was about to leave the room, defeated in her chance to find out who killed Nick Fury.

"Tell me something, Agent," the voice of the woman said behind her. She turned on her heels, crossing her arms ready for her to talk.

"Is this boss of yours so special that they sent you as some type of warning for me to give everything I have? I mean the torture is mediocre at best, the freezing me to death isn't your style. But that's just my guess," Aurora wheezed.

To be truthful, Aurora was scared that her superior or the partner she was trusted with wasn't coming back. That she was going to be stuck in a cold room till she was on the brink of death and her reign as a powerful assassin would go down the drain. All the successful kills she had on her belt would have been washed down the drain if she were left here only to be tortured and die.

"It doesn't matter what I was to my boss, you and your partner killed him. You think you're such a badass for standing up to your leaders when they could give a damn about you." The agent walked to the door. "Your time is up, you are done here."

That was the last thing said to Aurora before the woman left and slammed the door, leaving the assassin in the room. Her body began to tremble due to the coldness in the entire room, she was going to shut down soon. She could feel it spread all across her body, the assailant known as Rogue would die to the only thing that could stop her.

Aurora's green eyes faintly closed, her head dropping and her arms falling from her knees. She could hear the faint heartbeat of her's, thumping to a familiar beat.

"Вставать."The recognizable voice made Aurora lift her heavy head. Heavy hands unlocked her wrist from the suppressors, the feeling of life coming back into her body. Get up.

"Act normal and you'll be fine," the man with the deep voice said to the girl. Aurora turned her head to see a blurry Brock Rumlow, helping her out of the room.

Maybe she was wrong about HYDRA, they did come to her rescue.

AUTHORS NOTE

anyways this part is about to kick off, so enjoy it because this story is becoming my favorite besides my other work. I just love aurora and bucky and I'm sad that hydra has to be dicks.