Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

        "Okay," Scott stands up. "You're first." he shines me a smile with an awkward eyebrow wiggle. I go over to the bowling ball dispenser, grabbing my insanely pink bowling ball. I hold it the way Scott instructed me. I stand before the lane, glancing over my shoulder. What the hell am I doing?

        "So...do I just....roll it down the alley?" I ask, shyly.

        Scott laughs a little. "Yeah. Go for it!"

        "Okay," I murmur to myself, "here goes nothing."

        I swing my arm back messily, releasing it into the alley with what strength I had. It rolls slowly to the gutter, giving me a wave of disappointment. I look back at Scott, who's almost trying to keep his laughter inside. I could see it in his eyes the enjoyment he is experiencing. 

        "Hey!" I walk over to him, slapping his shoulder. "Don't laugh."

        "I'm not laughing, am I?" he looks at me with an innocent look masked by his amusement.

        "On the inside," I mumble.

        Scott can't take it anymore. He bursts out laughing. "That was..." he wipes his brow. "That was something else."

        "That was something terrible," I correct him as I take a seat on the bench.

        "Yeah. No, no, no. Don't sit down. You have another try," Scott looks at me.

        "Another try to fail miserably?" I look up at him.

        "Here, I'll help you," he offers, picking up my bowling ball out of the dispenser. Against my better judgment, I stand up, walking over to where he stood before the lane. "It's all about the form and where you imagine the ball to go. If you imagine it to be in the gutter, it will end up in the gutter," he looks at me, handing me the bowling ball. I adjust it to the proper form, feeling his hands gently brush against my arms. He grabs ahold of my wrists, taking his hand around my waist. The feeling of his hands running along the bare and exposed skin of my waist sent chills down my spine.

        Maybe it was a bad idea to wear this shirt...

        I feel his breath whisper into my ear. "Just follow my lead. Take a few steps forward."

        I do.

        I feel his grasp tug my arm with the bowling ball back, forcing it forward in a straight motion. I watch the bowling ball released down the alley, heading quickly down to the pins. It strikes a total of four pins. I look at them in surprise. 

        "See," Scott releases his grip from me with a smile on his face.

        "Damn," I breathe, walking back to the bench. I watch as Scott picks up his own bowling ball, heading up to the alleyway.

        I was impressed at how he stood before the alley for a moment, taking a deep breath. He extends his arm back, revealing the muscle in his t-shirt. He walks forward in a quick motion, releasing the ball down the alley impressively. I watch as it strikes every pin. He got a strike! Scott fist pumps, turning to look back at me.

        "Damn..." I breathe again, very impressed. "Okay, obviously this is a little unfair."

        He merely laughs. "Your turn."

        I laugh a little in embarassment, heading up to the bowling ball dispenser to grab my girly bowling ball. Scott is beside me, preparing to guide me through the steps again. I walk up to the alley, feeling his grasp go around my wrist yet again. The feeling when his hand ran down to my wrist sent the same chills down my spine. His hand brushed against my waist, but this time, he tugs me closer to him. I laugh a little as I glance at him, a smile on his face.