Chapter Seventeen

I open my eyes, glancing around the dim living room. Living room? I must of fallen asleep on the couch. I was about to sit up when I feel something was off with the couch. I exchange my glance down to a sleeping Scott. Oh, my God. I fell asleep in the arms of Scott.

        Gulp.

        I push myself up a little quicker this time, waking up Scott in the process. I quickly stand up, seeing that I was pretty much sleeping on top of him. He glances at me, pushing the sleep out of his eyes, stretching his back as well. I stand back, slightly pushing the hair out of my eyes. Awkward. Scott glances up at me as he takes his feet off of the couch. 

        "Morning," he sighs, his eyes tracing mine. 

        "Good morning," I manage to say, though my words were a little shaky. 

        "Adam's still not here?" Scott glances to the door. 

        "I'm not sure."

       "Well...you hungry?" Scott then asks me, standing up. It wasn't his height that made me suddenly pause, it was how close he'd come to go past me and towards the kitchen. I gulp loudly.

        "I'll make you something. What would you like?" Scott asks, flipping on the light while entering the kitchen.

        "Um...I don't know," I respond, watching as he moved around the kitchen island towards the refridgerator.         

        "Well, then, how about I surprise you with something?" Scott suggests, glancing back at me.

        "Um...sure," I nod.

        "Okay." Scott smiles as he begins to search for something to make in the refridgerator. I scratch my head, wondering if I fell asleep crying to him. What even time is it? As I make my way back into the living room, I glance at the clock. It's noon. Though, it definitely doesn't feel like it, considering the constant and steady pace of rain falling outside.

        I sigh, heading upstairs to find the nearest bathroom for two things. One: check my appearance and see if I look like utter crap. Two: I really have to use the restroom.

        I glance at my appearance in the mirror, seeing how no make up upon my face didn't look the greatest. There was dark circles beneath my eyes due to the lack of sleep over the past couple days, stress, and worry. My hair was in a mess, which I fixed, combing through the knots. I throw it into a cute messy bun. Wait. Why the hell am I worried about my appearence?

        Oh, God.

        After managing to brush my teeth and fix my hair, I decided its time to descend back downstairs to see what Scott decided to prepare. I smell a fresh scent of bacon soaring through the room. Oh, is my stomach growling now. It's like a demon. I chuckle lightly as I enter the kitchen again, looking as Scott exchanges his glance to me. 

        "Bacon?" I ask, taking a seat at the counter.

        "What can I say? Apart of me wanted bacon," Scott shrugs his shoulders.

        "I'm okay with it," I laugh.

        "Well, good," Scott pushes a plate before me, filled with fresh bacon and eggs. 

        "Thanks," I sigh, looking down at the plate.

        "For making you something to eat?" Scott raises his eyebrows swiftly.

       "Well, that, too. But what I mean is for what happened earlier. Me crying-" I was saying until Scott cuts me off.

        "Oh, that. It's the least I could do," Scott then states, setting a plate before him across from me, leaning against the counter to pop a piece of bacon into his mouth.

        "I appreciate it."

        "Your welcome," Scott responds, shooting me a thick smile, studying me fully with his dark chocolate brown eyes. "I have a question."

        Uh-oh.

        "Okay," I sigh.

        "Do you have any friends?" 

        The question was kind of random, not going to lie. But I'm glad he asked. He reminded me of Holland.

        "Yeah, actually," I respond, setting my fork down.

        "Who?" Scott asks. I looked up at him as he tossed another piece of bacon into his mouth. It wasn't like he was amazed that I said I did have a friend. He was simply curious.

        "Her name is Holland," I respond.

        "How long have you two been friends?" 

        "Um...a while, I guess," I respond, picking up my fork again.

        "I would imagine you haven't talked to her in a while," Scott doesn't look up at me as he cuts a piece of his eggs away to send it into his mouth. 

        "Um...no," I respond.

        "You should call her."

        "She probably knows what's going on by now. All the rumors and the news. Oh, God." I facepalm. "I'm probably all over the news by now. Great."

        I don't want my face to be plastered on ever television screen. There goes my life of invisiblity! From now on, I'll be known as the girl who was kidnapped when I was five. People wouldn't know what to call me by: Raine or Lea.

        "Yeah," Scott sighs.

        "She's going to ask so many questions." 

        "You should still talk to her if she's your friend," Scott says, looking at me. He begins to dig around in his pockets, setting a very high-tech cell phone before me. "Call her."

        I glance up at him, amazed.

        "Okay," I smile.

        I slide the phone into my hands, heading upstairs for a little more privacy to make the phone call. Honestly, my stomach was turning. I don't want to think about her seeing my face on TV, finding out from the news that I was living in a lie. Holland is probably trying to find a way to track me down, figure out what the hell's going on. I don't even know anymore.

        I punch in her number, hesitation to click call. I need to talk to her.

        Ring.

        Ring.

        Ring.

        "Hello?"

        Oh, shit.

        "Holland?" I ask, my voice a little shaky. I knew by the tone in her voice that it was her, without a doubt.

        "Raine?"

        She called me Raine.