Day 20

Chapter TW: period/menstruation mention, cursing

_______________________

Waking up to the annoying sound of your alarm had never been so difficult. You tried to bury your head deeper into your pillow, but it was unusually warm and not as soft as you remembered. Your arm and leg were both slung over something large next to you. Taking a deep breath, your brain registered the scent as... musky? A hint of spice, maybe? And... like... ?

Finally, you opened your eyes and were met with a broad chest that disappeared into a black tank top. Uh oh. With your head on Bakugo's chest and his arm wrapping around your back to hold you close, you'd apparently clung to him like a koala holding onto a tree in your sleep.

As your alarm continued to beep, you felt him stir a bit under you. Quickly and quietly, you unhooked yourself from his grip to roll onto the floor and silence your phone.

Well, you were definitely awake now.

You watched as Bakugo shifted and turned his back to you, apparently still asleep. Sighing, you attempted to keep it together for now despite remembering how warm he was and how your legs were tangled together... what a way to wake up, indeed.

Creeping around to grab some work clothes, you'd never tried so hard to avoid making noise. It seemed like he was sleeping more soundly now than he did while on your couch. It made perfect sense because your bed was obviously more comfortable.

That made two mornings in a row that you'd woken up in his arms, but this time you didn't have the luxury of falling back asleep. You also didn't wake up from any more nightmares. Bakugo seemed to be quite a lucky charm to have around.

When you gathered your clothes for the day, you slipped out of your bedroom and closed the door before heading to the bathroom to shower. "What a morning... not that I'm complaining."

Unfortunately, you had to go back to work today. You also had to come up with a lie about your bandaged hands for anyone that asked.

You examined your palms and knee before hopping in the shower. With how often you used your hands, the wounds seemed to be healing, but not as quickly as you would've hoped. At least they didn't hurt or sting anymore. Your knee still needed some TLC and time. At least it had finally scabbed over. It wasn't pretty to look at, and you were grateful that Bakugo hadn't commented on it. Judging by his own scars, Bakugo probably knew what it was like to deal with rude gawking or insensitivities despite getting them saving peoples' lives.

The warm water felt like heaven. Your own shower, your own bathroom, your own comfortable surroundings. Today was going to be-

"No... really? Today?! Ugh." You looked down and saw a drop of red in the swirling water. Of course, your period had started today. With the business and drama of the weekend, you'd completely forgotten that it was just about that time of the month.

Only one tampon remained in the box when you looked under the sink. "Dammit. I'll have to pick up some more after work. At least the day started off nice..." Luckily, the restrooms at work provided feminine products, but they weren't the best brand or the most comfortable. While under there, you pulled out the bandages you bought the previous night.

The first couple of days of your period generally followed the same routine, so you knew what to expect by now. If you didn't follow through, then you also knew you'd feel like shit by the time you got home.

Carefully, you wrapped both of your hands in white gauze after disinfecting the wounds as you'd seen Bakugo do before repeating the process for your knee. If anyone at work asked about them, you'd just lie and say you burned your hands while cooking. Telling them the truth - that you'd nearly been mauled by a bear - sounded absurd, and you knew they'd ask questions that you'd rather not answer.