Still Not Strong Enough

Song for this chapter is Gladiator by Zayde Wolf (it's Mar's theme song!)

Please enjoy the chapter and keep your tissues handy :)

_______________________

His fingers twitched impatiently as sparks illuminated the gloved palms of his hands. Lips snarled across bared teeth. Dust whipped up by wind and momentum clung to his ash-blonde hair as red eyes scanned the emptying street for signs of movement as the cries of civilians grew gradually further away. The damn villain couldn't have gotten far... no, there!

Bracing with his foot, he furrowed his brows and shot off like a rocket down the street towards the distinct shimmer the villinans's quirk gave off. "CAN'T GET AWAY FROM ME, FUCKER!" In a flash, the villain was in perfect range for his Howitzer, but there were still too many pedestrians being evacuated from the area. Agitation mixed with frustration that he couldn't fully let loose, couldn't terrorize the assholes who dared mess with his city.

But that didn't mean he couldn't make them regret that he happened to be the Hero they unfortunately ran into.

"Please, move quickly towards Mind Jack!" Ashido ushered the stragglers down the street towards safety before glancing back in the direction of the distinct yelling of her former classmate. Despite the fact that she was the first Hero on the scene, Dynamight had swooped in with an order to "get out of the way" while he fired off blasts one right after the other. Rather than get caught in the crossfire, she figured it was best to try and minimize injuries and damage by bringing people to a safe distance away from the fight in the middle of the street.

As the dust finally began to clear and the distressed yelps from the villain died away, Ashido peered down the street with large, black eyes at the familiar, flickering glow of a gloved hand ready to explode.

He'd only been back a little over two weeks, but something was, well... wrong with Bakugo Katsuki.

"I-I give up!" The villain pleaded through bruised lips and swollen cheeks, held dangling in the air by the collar of his makeshift outfit while his hands trembled in fearful submission.

"Hah?! What was that?" Katsuki saw fear reflected in the villain's eyes and raised a threatening hand. "You really thought you could come and menace my city? Gonna teach you villains a lesson..."

If anyone had come across the scene without the context of knowing who was the Hero and who was the villain, the murderous gleam in Katsuki's eyes that glared down at the quivering man held against a brick wall might have signaled a concerning role reversal.

The villain's eyes went wide with fearful regret, but before Katsuki could deliver a blow to the already-defeated foe, a voice cut through the dust.

"Dynamight! The villain has been subdued. Stand down so that we can turn him over to the authorities." Blood-red eyes encircled by black makeup flickered to his left and spotted pink, purple, and aqua. He grit his teeth at the interruption, only bothering to lower his hand a miniscule fraction. "Stand. Down," Ashido ordered again. Who the hell did she think she was, telling him what to do?

...But he knew she was right, what he was doing was wrong, and had been wrong ever since he'd returned to Hero work just three days after arriving back home. Katsuki wasn't about to own up to that yet, however.

Sneering, he tossed the villain to the side, letting him fall at his old classmate's feet. "Take him. Don't think he'll be stupid enough to try this stunt again anytime soon," he taunted before brushing past Ashido.