Nightmare

Idk why this is the first thing that I though of for a Kurt x reader, but I'm happy I thought of it.
I hope you enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Requests are open as always.
Lots of love❤️❤️❤️

You walked across the street, listening to the silent steps hallowing on the concrete, looking at your shoes absentmindedly. You didn't know how long you had been outside and neither did you care.
It was already dark, not a lot of people were outside so you guessed it had to be around 1am.
You could already spot the building you lived in from where you were standing and as you slowly reached the door to your apartment, you saw that the lights were still on. With a quick movement of your wrist you unlocked the door and entered the living room confused. Your boyfriend was standing in the middle of the room, his dirty blonde hair lazily fell in his face as he walked from one corner to the other, seemingly worried. He was scream-whispering into his phone, but you couldn't quite make out what he was saying.
With a purposely rather loud thud, you closed the door behind you hoping to gain his attention. And it worked. The man turned to face you, his features softening as he recognised you. He softly whispered your name as he threw his phone on the nearby couch, quickly sprinting in front of you.
"I was so so worried. Where were you?", he asked, cupping your face with his hands.
You just stood there frozen shooting him a puzzled look. His bright blue eyes examined your face before he pulled you in a tight hug. You slowly hugged back laying your head in the crook of his neck.
"(Y/N) baby ..." he whispered in your hair "... are you ok?"
He put his hands on your shoulders, softly pushing you back to get a better look at you.
You nodded quickly while shily smiling at him. He took your hands in his and gave them a tight squeeze before pulling you towards the couch he previously threw his phone at. He sat down and carefully pulled you on his lap.
"Where were you?" he asked quietly.
You didn't quite know how to answer, you weren't really anywhere, you just casually walked around the city, occasionally entering one or two shops.
"I just went for a walk around the city." you stated with a small smile.
"And you didn't bother taking your phone with you?"
You gave him an apologetic look, but didn't say anything.
You kissed the top of his nose and said.
"Sorry ... I just wanted to take a short walk, but then I saw this cute little shop about two miles from here and I lost track of time."
He smiled and pecked your lips softly.
"It's ok ... Sorry I just got a little worried. I came home earlier today and didn't see you here. I tried to call but you had left your phone in your room. No note, no messages, nothing. I kind of thought something might've happened to you."
He giggled at what he just said.
"Must sound pretty dumb... " he joked.
You smiled and kissed his forehead gently.
"Not at all."
"But anyways..." you trailed of "How was band practice?
Kurt leaned back stretching his arms over his head.
"Not bad. We recorded the new song I told you about, but then Dave got sick so we had to stop. That's why I got home earlier."
"Poor Dave." you whispered to yourself.
"Yeah but now I've got a few days off.", he exclaimed happily.
You smiled at his excitement and hugged him tightly.
"Baby? You sure everything's fine?", Kurt asked while hugging you back.
You nodded slowly and nuzzled into his chest.
"Just happy you're back. 'missed you. "
He laughed a breathy laugh and hugged you tighter.
"I missed you too."
His hands rested against your back, drawing small circles with his fingers.
It was silent for a bit, you had closed your eyes, carefully listening to his heartbeat pounding against his chest.

Moments like this you cherished the most. No concerts, no people screaming, no paparazzi, just the two of you, being your loving and goofy selves.
But lately moments like this were pretty rare. Kurt was always off to his concerts, rehearsals or interviews and you would stay at home, not wanting to be too clingy or annoying. You didn't really like it, but you had found your ways around the sadness that would follow. Like going for walks, just like you did today. But Kurt didn't have to know that, as long as he was happy you were too.