6 - Don't You Ever Forget About Me

I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to feel at this point.  It was November again, a year and two months since Kellin and I had become a couple.  Things just didn’t seem like they had lasted this long and I felt like we were still a pair of kids trying to figure out what path to take.  All we knew was that we wanted to take the same path, hand in hand.  Nothing had changed thus far and I was glad to say that the fighting was minimal and about silly things while our love held steadfast.

    Even through the two tours he had gone on, we were good.  I went with him during the summer when I had a break from classes and it was the most exhilarating experience.  The band had literally skyrocketed from being nothing to a total hit overnight.  They were amazing and the song Kellin had written for me was our song…you know, the cheesy one couples pick out to signify their relationship.

    Well I thought ours had much more meaning than anyone else’s because Kellin had literally wrote it for me.

    I wasn’t listening to If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn right now though.  At the moment, Kellin was texting me from somewhere in Missouri about how much he missed me.  They were on their third tour and it had been nearly a month since I had seen him.  I didn’t like hearing that he missed me sometimes because it just made me miss him all the more.

    Babe, we crossed another state line, the text from him read.  I smiled and shook my head.

    You heading close to home or the opposite direction? I asked.  I sat in my living room for a few moments in silence before he replied.

    Heading towards home thank God, the message read.  I wanted to hear his voice, but I knew if I called, the boys would only disrupt him and at this point I was sure they were trying to read his texts anyway.

    Good, I can’t wait to be in your arms again baby, I typed out and sent.  I placed my phone on the couch and stood, sauntering towards the kitchen while I waited for his text.

    I had been feeling really odd lately, like there was something physically wrong with me and I couldn’t figure it out.  I was hungry all the fucking time and my back was just killing me for half the day.  The weird shit I was craving was even more fun because I would go to the store and literally buy chocolate pudding, chocolate syrup, milk, chocolate ice cream and a bag of pretzels.  I don’t know why I was so into chocolate right now because I loved the stuff but at the same time, I just felt like I was almost over loading myself with it…and the pretzels didn’t help.  I usually was dipping them in some sort of chocolate concoction. 

    My birth control pills were always swallowed on time, and after a year of taking them, I knew it couldn’t be that.  I was diligent about them and I didn’t want a baby yet.  We weren’t at that stage and I had school so there was no way in hell that this could be a product of…well that.

    I opened the fridge and glanced inside, looking at the leftover pasta that had started to mold.  A gag echoed from my lips before I pulled the nasty stuff out and tossed it in the trashcan.  As the trashcan lid opened, the smell of it also sent a wave of nausea through me.  The strangeness of my sudden lack of an iron stomach astounded me because I was going to be a vet…I wasn’t normally so squeamish. 

    That was when my phone beeped.

    I hurried to it and picked it up, reading the text and smiling as my mind was taken off of the prior subject.

    I just can’t wait to sleep next to you, I’m tired of feeling a little gay cuz Justin keeps touching me.

    I laughed and rolled my eyes.