Epilogue 2 - Playing Like Adults

The sun was filtering through the window, his eyes illuminated by the gentle rays as he gazed down at me, pale blue orbs taking in my form and dark hair tickling his cheeks.  His teeth were biting his lip for a moment before he blinked, smiling and scrunching his face while a soft laugh echoed from his gracious mouth.  His hand supported his head while his elbow propped him up on a pillow.  Long dark lashes made his cerulean eyes pop against the white background of his face and the grey t-shirt lacing his core kept him in a neutral tone, not taking away from the brilliance of his gaze.  White teeth stood out fitfully from behind pink lips, adding to the already picturesque image of his face. 

    How had I captured the interest of this god-like creature?

    “How did you ever pick me?” he whispered, brushing the copper locks from my forehead and moving his fingers to cup my cheek.  I smiled, realizing that he somehow thought almost the same things I did…that he wasn’t good enough for me and the like.

    “You were the cutest one in the line up,” I replied, winking.  He chuckled. 

    “You’re a dork,” he whispered, leaning down to kiss my forehead.  His lips lingered for a moment, the soft texture causing goosebumps to flitter down from that point all the way down to my toes.  “No wonder I married you.”

    I looked down at the silver ring encircling my finger, my engagement ring just above it with the single diamond sparkling in the sunshine.  I had begged him not to get diamonds, that they were just a ruse and excuse for people to be gluttonous animals who killed each other over sparkly rocks.  So he did it anyway…just not in the way I had expected. 

    Apparently scientists were now growing diamonds and he bought it out of a National Geographic just to get me something that glistened in the sun.

    I reached up and met our lips, grasping his hair in one of my hands and pulling him down on top of me.  There was heat building in my belly and as his eager mouth meshed against mine, I knew he felt the excitement stirring as well.  He breathed heavily out of his nose and I shut my eyes, made my body press against his and feel the warmth of our skin against one another’s.  He grasped my hips, rocked me up against his and moved his pelvis into mine.  I wrapped my legs around him, arms around his neck as he pulled away from me, lips moving to my neck.  I gasped, laughing aloud.

    But we were interrupted.

    It had been longer than I could say since we were married or at least more time had passed than I would liked to have admitted.  Sleeping with Sirens was huge now, albums coming out like no other but now, Kellin was on leave to be with his family.  We were happy, living in a big house out in the country.  I had a practice for Veterinary Medicine out here made out of a barn so that I could work on all species.  Horses, cows, pigs, sheep, dogs, cats, birds…you name it, my clinic worked on it.  I was so damn proud of the place I had created with Kellin’s help and the fact that it was on our property made it easier on me.  I could watch my patients and be there if anything happened.  There were also two vets who worked alongside me so I could have time with my husband when he was home from tours and time with my family.

    “Mommy,” cried my little boy from the doorway, rubbing his eyes sleepily as he dragged his favorite cobalt blue blanket behind him.  His bright amber eyes were all me, but the deep brunette/black locks that sprung from his head were all his father.

    “What’s wrong my little man?” I questioned, detangling myself from my very sexually frustrated husband.  Kellin was off the bed before me though, rushing to our son and lifting him into the air.

    “What are you doing Hunter?” Kellin cried, laughing heartily, “What’s wrong my dear little boy?”  Hunter giggled, thumb to his mouth and a smile replacing the childish frown that had once been on the four year olds lips.  Kellin brought our son’s cheek to his lips, kissing him and then flipping him upside down, pulling up his pajama shirt and zurberting him.  If you haven’t heard of zuberting, basically you press your lips to skin and blow air so that it tickles.  Works wonders with pouting faces.