Andi knew how this was a big deal to those employees. She was once a slave. She knew how to survive. She had to find a way not to anger those people who were above them. She also knew how to escape a hole just to make herself safe. She knew that those vampires were entitled to themselves because for them, they were above the humans. She understood their fears and feelings, so she was considerate enough to do all of these even if she was not comfortable with it.

No'ng isang araw siya ang inuutusan. Ngayon siya naman ang nagbibigay ng utos sa ibang tao.

Huminga ng malalim si Andi at akmang iiwas na ng tingin sa pintong nilabasan ng babae kanina nang makita niya ang isang napakagandang babae na nakatayo sa may pintuan. She was wearing a white dress where her curves can be clearly seen. She had long hair and different colour of eyes. She couldn't distinguish it properly because the more she looked at her, it was as if the colour of her eyes were constantly changing. That made her heart stop beating for a while. There was a loud thump in her heart and nervousness was starting to knock on her heart.

The woman was definitely not a human being. She was also like them.

"So you are the lady that he's been hiding. Of course, you're indeed a delicacy in my eyes."

Mas naging alerto si Andi. Sino ang babae? At bakit nandito siya sa pamamahay ni Alexander?

"Hey, don't look at me like that. Days ago, I was a human. As much as I want to bite you and drink your blood, I don't think I can muster any courage to do that. I'm still adjusting."

Naglakad ito papalapit sa kanya at naupo sa kabilang upuan sa kanyang harapan.

"I'm Maru. And you?"

"A-Andi."

Tumango ito at ngumiti sa kanya. "I think you've already seen my boyfriend. He greeted you both this morning."

Boyfriend? Naka-ilang kurap si Andi nang mapagtanto na ang babaeng nasa harapan niya ay kasintahan ng kapatid ni Alexander na nagngangalan na Raiden. Kung ganoon, siya rin ang babaeng tinutukoy nito kanina.

"They're both talking right now. And I got bored, so I went here. I just followed the sweet scent. You're really different among other human beings. Why is that? What's the difference besides your blood?" Sunod-sunod nitong katanungan. Maru was straight forward. Hindi na ito nagpaligoy-ligoy pa at direkta na siyang tinanong. Naiintindihan niya ang pagiging interesado nito tungkol sa kanya dahil nga siya rin ay naiiba sa ibang mga tao.

Mayroon siyang kakaibang dugo na kinaadikan ng mga bampira.

Umiling si Andi, "Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit mayroon akong dugo na ganito."

Natahimik saglit si Maru at tumingin sa kanya. Nakita niya ang pagngisi nito na tila ba nabasa nito ang mga iniisip niya.

"Talaga bang hindi mo alam?" tanong sa kanya nito. Nawala ang ngiti sa labi ni Andi. Hindi basta-basta ang babaeng nasa harap niya. Kakasabi niya lamang, araw pa lamang ang lumipas bago siya naging bampira pero bakit ganito ang babaeng nasa harap niya?

Napalunok si Andi at agad na umiwas ng tingin.

This woman in front of her was intelligent. She underestimated her.

"Raiden said that you were a blood slave." Napa-iling si Maru at tumingin sa labas ng bintana. "To think it was already illegal. There were laws that were supposed to protect us. But it is still evident in other parts of the world and there are people who break the law for their own interest and gains. There are still modern slaves in today's age. You're just one of the examples of it."

Tumingin muli si Maru sa kanya. "How did you survive?"

And that was the question all along. How did she survive?