CHAPTER 13 - THE UPPERCUT 2.0

Start from the beginning

It used to irritate me sometimes back then and I used to tell her all the time to just let me be and just walk into parties and dates in my jeans and tshirts.

But she would request so adorably to let her dress me up atleast occasionaly and id give in.

Ironical – how Life turns around.

Here I was dressing up in the combination mom had chosen for me, wearing the same make up look shed advised, tied my hair up the way shed talked she would help me do and it was the same me, but she wasn't here.

She was gone to a place never to return.

I feel a tear well up in my eyes again and I frantically bat both my hands in front of my eyes because I do not want to get that masacara running.

I smile at myself again and I pick up my clutch and adjust a couple of my strands from my hair on the sides of my ears to fall carelessly and I make my way out.

I was actually kind off late.

Well, technically the party was not going to begin until later, but everyone had already gotten together at Rahuls for the match.

I think he had arranged some projection screening in the backyard.

He was crazy no when it came to cricket.

And India was playing Sri Lanka in that 3rd odi crucial game.

Diya's bday party would only begin once the match was over.

It was scheduled to finish by 11pm IST which was our time 730PM.

I get into the Uber, which today I was using as just my ride to Rahul's and my thoughts finally drift to Hoodie Guy.

I hoped he was enjoying himself out there.

I had no clue what was going on in the match, uptil now.

But I knew id hear about it the minute I stepped into Rahul's.

I wasn't going to watch the game though, I just couldn't get around to that yet.

But I would hear.

I smile to myself as I start driving.

But from where should I even begin talking about this 'thing' in between of Arnav and Me.

I felt good.

He made me feel really good.

I looked forward to just being connected with him all the freaking time.

And I think im starting to fall for him fatser than I had anticipated.

Technically, it was almost a month now to us knowing each other – I mean It would be tonight.

But it didn't feel just like that at all.

It totally feels like I have known him for a long long time.

How is possible to feel this instant pull towards someone whom youv only known for technically just a month and also specially when that someone – lived and belonged in another world from mine.

How was it possible for me to start falling for him in the ways I was starting too – despite all these differences my mind keeps warning me about here and there in between?

But it was happening nonetheless.

I shouldn't probably do this to myself, my mind tells me, but then I cant help but ask it to shut up when it beings up that thought in my head, because of what I was feeling within.