For the first time since finding out that they were mates, Robert Frost truly began to sympathize for his other half. Unbeknownst to his mate, he had a clue on worrying about the well being of someone he called family. As it stood with his own family, he and his niece were the only members left to carry the Frost name. And after everything that he's been through with his own family he could honestly say that his older sister was someone who he'd fight tooth and nail for, who he fought tooth and nail for. He understood Bruno's frustrations from wanting to know if Sawyer was alright, he just wasn't too sure if Bruno understood his reasons for not wanting him to see Sawyer in this state.

Unfortunately, he wasn't in the mood to explain himself or his reasons from keeping the public away from Sawyer, or Sawyer away from the public. In this case, he knew what right and what he had to do. So even if Bruno hated him a little more after this, at least he'd be safe and not in harms way. Shrugging his shoulders slightly, he figured what's a little more hate?

"You're wasting your breath." Frost stated, falling back into a bored tone. "This is not up for debate. My answer remains the same. Take my words as they are and go home. In this case you either trust me or you don't."

"You son of a bitch." Bruno growled dangerously stepping closer to Robert Frost as if to challenge his word.

Finding it a bit amusing, Frost gave a vague shrug and turned to walk away, not caring about Bruno's little tantrum. "You're right, my mother was in fact a bitch." He said, falling into a small round of laughter, before walking away completely, leaving Bruno to stand alone, fuming in rage as murderous thoughts began to fill his head.

Once Frost disappeared behind the doors of his home, Bruno lifted his head and began to swear to the heavens for cursing him to be forever tied to a jerk like him.

"I wouldn't take it too personally." A gentle feminine voice spoke out from beside him. Turning to face the person of the voice Bruno's eyes landed on a beautiful young woman, who had to be around sixteen or seventeen. She had dark shoulder length hair and dark green eyes that bore into his own, as she stood beside him wearing a small smile on her heart shaped face. "Believe it or not, that's the best side of him that you'd want to see. The other side gets really dark, really fast." She said in a light tone as she turned to look back towards the house for a brief second.

"Funny, because I always believed that ever side of him was evil." Bruno snarled before turning away to make his way back towards his own pack.

As quickly as he turned to leave, he could hear the sound of the girl's feet rushing and moving beside him, causing him to turn his attention back on her.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The girl said as if realizing what she was doing. "I-I just remembered that I haven't introduced myself. I'm Cassandra, Cassy for short." She said outstretching her hand for him to take.

Not wanting to come off as rude, Bruno quickly shook her hand, as his brain tried to wrap around the fact that Sawyer was possible in this pack ground somewhere.

"Bruno." He said, while trying to figure out what the hell he was going to go back and tell his family.

"Oh, I know who you are." Cassy stated in an almost gushing tone, as she splattered a wide smile on her face, and glanced up to take in his sight. "You're Uncle Robbie's mate, the future Zeta of the pack." She stated still smiling up at him while they continued to walk.

As if realizing what she had said, Bruno found himself, stopping short in his tracks as he turned his full attention on the young girl before him.

Life As a Beta's Mate: Sawyer's Regretजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें