Ch.27

Ch.27

"Someone's going to have to tell her and I don't want that someone to be me!" A heavy voice spoke out into a small yet seemingly crowded hospital room.

With his back faced towards the door, and his eyes placed on the people in the room, Bruno stood tall in his decision on the conversation at hand. Not knowing whether or not, Sage would be able to take the news, he knew that it would kill her when he or anyone else spoke the words to unknowing questions. But with the news they had to tell her, he'd already known what questions she would ask and he knew that they'd all be about his cousin.

With him being by her side for the past seven years, he'd come to know her every move when put in a certain situation but knowing the connection that she and his cousin had, how was he supposed to stand there and look her in the face while filling her in on the situation with Sawyer.

Knowing that the two of them had already been on rocky grounds, he could only imagine the guilt that would eat away at her once she found out, and he didn't think that she could stomach what he and the others had to say, and with them learning the sudden predicament that she was in, he just couldn't watch her fall apart.

"Look no one is saying that it has to be you," Mila said, standing on the side of Holland who had been sitting in the chair, with his hand intertwined in an unconscious Sage's hand, as his eyes stayed glued on her. "We're just sampling saying that she's going to have to find out."

"But we can't tell her now." Dakota spoke as her eyes glanced over to the hospital monitors. Sage had been passed out for the past fifteen hours, and up till this point she hadn't even stirred. After seeing her go down the way she had, Dakota had been so worried, especially after they'd all come to the realization that something had happened to Sawyer.

She felt useless, in the fact that she was only good for standing around doing nothing, while Leslie and Conner had gone to check things out. Since they had left for Montana, they only called in with one report, and judging from the look on Camryn's face when he received the news, Dakota knew that it was troubling; well troubling enough that it caused him to hop on a plane to go check it out. In fact, he and the other Alpha's had all been summoned, and that news alone brought a sickening sensation to her stomach.

Looking around the room, Dakota took in the sight of Bruno, Mila, and Carson who had all been in a deep discussion on what was going to be said to Sage, when or if, she woke up. With the way things were going and no signs of Sawyer, Dakota wasn't to sure if she would ever see her friends' bright brown eyes again, and for her that was the scariest part of all.

It's no secret that mates had a very unique bound, and almost ever mated pair knew when something was happening to their other halves, and they were able to show tell tale signs, usually they'd become depressed and disconnected from the world around them. Some would loose all sense of control and just shut down completely, no eating or talking, being mute versions of the person they used to be.

When she and Camryn were going through the motion of trying to put their relationship back together, each of them had shut down in a way, and after she had had her throat practically ripped apart by Robert Frost, Cam had shut down, and his guilt started to eat away at him. He'd go days without leaving her side, forgetting to eat or bathe or groom himself. He'd just sit by her side. In fact the only thing that separated him from a normal mated male wolf was the fact that they were interlinked, so every ounce of pain she had to endure while recovering he was right there going through the same thing.