Ch.35

Ch.35

Feeling like a complete mess and thinking only of Sawyer as her eyes popped opened the very next morning, Sage was feeling at a loss, a feeling that she had been feeling for far too long now. Dragging her body out of bed and doing her best to go back to her daily routine, she found it hard to do much of anything without having negative thoughts roam her mind. All she wanted in that moment was for her family to be alright, and for Sawyer to be next to her.

As a single tear slid down her face, and her thoughts lingered on Sawyer, she tried to think on the brighter side, knowing that there was in fact one.

For one thing, Sawyer was as safe as he could be on locked down in a pack territory where she didn't trust the alpha as far as she could throw him. Putting the thoughts of Robert Frost to the side, she focused on Sawyer and on how he was one of the wolves that survived the Montana massacre. Although she had no idea of the state he was in, believing in Bruno's words on how he was alive and safe was the only thing that kept her going.

The other, was on keeping hope that Ryan was among the surviving wolves. She couldn't bring herself to think of the other state in which he may be and prayed that he was safe and sound in Frost's land.

With everything buzzing around in her mind making it harder for her to concentrate on anything, Sage found herself collecting her car keys and heading out on a drive to clear her head.

She had been out for a good two hours drying to clear her mind, when she found herself standing on the front step of a huge mansion like home that had been surround by hundreds of trees, that coated the outer layer of the otherwise neatly trimmed wide yard. There had been a car parked in the semi circled driveway, letting her know that someone was home.

Taking in a deep breath and preparing herself to knock on the door, Sage had mentally ready herself to be rejected at first sight, considering that she hadn't been here in a while, and hadn't called or reached out to check in.

Giving in to a quick knock, she took a small step back from the door, and nervously fumbled with her clothes, smoothing out the imaginary winkles as a nervous wave washed over her.

It took less than a minute for the sound of the door being unlocked and pulled opened to catch her, as the nerves continued to grow within her. Standing there like a stoned statue, she placed a worried smile on her face, as her eyes met with the dark orbs of the person standing on the other side of the door.

Caught off guard by how strong Sawyer resembled the individual, Sage found her head dropped just the slightest of bit, as she forced herself to look back up at them.

"Sage?" A hard male voice spoke out, clearing the silence between them as she tried to keep her shame to herself.

"Hi Mr. Evans." She greeted him back in a shaken voice, that crackled the tiniest of bit.

Trying her best to find the right words to say to the father of her soul mate, whom, she had disappointed so badly, was a bit hard for her to do. Standing there looking him in his dark brown eyes, the same eyes that Sawyer seemed to share, was harder for Sage to do than she thought. The last time she was looking at a set of eyes like those, where when she blamed Sawyer for everything that has happened in their lives since he rejected her. And now as she stared into those same eyes that bore back into hers, she was recalling the way they looked at her, the moment he put her in her place and called her out for all of her bad behaviors since she returned back to town.