10

Kershala sat back on the bed the AI and the crystallinear device floated just to the left of him the AI still linked to it. Kershala had been aware of the AI's conversation with Kale and wasn't happy that the it tried to discourage him from pursuing Kershala. It was Kershala's decision whom he would dedicate himself to and he wouldn't let an AI that was designed to serve him interfere with that. Through his implant he could tell that the AI was heavily engaged with the decryption process, but he didn't care.

"Are human's and Daoran's sexually compatible?" he asked getting to the point. The AI seemed to ignore him at first not answering him. "Did you not understand me?" Kershala repeated his question in Daira, their native language.

"I am sorry Kershala, I am heavily engaged with decryption," it answered.

"Then disengage, I require your compliance." The AI floated to be beside him, and the device fell to the bed gently as it disengaged with it. "I won't repeat myself again."

"My analysis of your physiology shows that it would be incredibly difficult to reproduce with a human. Though I cannot imagine why you would want to. They are clearly inferior creatures." Kershala scoffed at Anubis.

"I was awake when you were talking to Kale, Anubis. Do not interfere with my relationship with him," he said quickly.

"Kershala, your bloodline must be protected."

"I am not talking about bloodlines; I am talking about affection. I have not known such affections from a stranger before." The AI core floated up in front of him.

"He is just that, despite his affection for you he is a stranger. He doesn't know the responsibility you face for your people. You are best to spare both of your feelings so that neither of you end up hurt." Kershala looked away not wanting to hear what the AI was saying.

"You are wrong. I will be stronger because of his affection," Kershala paused and looked away, "Is there any risk of physical harm to either of us if..." Kershala trailed off and looked away feeling embarrassed. The AI stayed silent for several seconds.

"Not biochemically, but given the difference in your physical strength, there could be... complications." Kershala sat quiet for a few minutes thinking to himself.

"May I continue with the decryption process?"

"Yes." Kershala watched as the AI and the device linked together again and floated close to the ceiling. There was a knock at the door.

"Your breakfast is ready, gentlemen!" Edith's voice called from beyond the door. Kershala stood up and the AI shrouded him in his holographic disguise. He opened the door and the elderly women greeted him with a smile, she was pushing a cart with their meal on it. "Would you like me to leave the cart?"

"Yes please, I can take it," Kershala smiled at her. "Thank you."

"You're welcome and enjoy. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything." Kershala took the cart and she walked away as he wheeled it into the room. He hauled the cart into the room and shut the door he turned to see Kale come out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. His hair had grown out longer since their time at the facility and Kershala liked the way it looked. His hair was flowing and loose, Kershala hadn't touched it in a while but he remembered that it was soft. His body looked strong for a human, his torso was solid and tight, though it had gotten a little looser recently. Kershala smiled at him and walked over to him. "The food is here. You should eat."