Simon's head was facing the LA skyline behind his desk. Once again, I got his attention with the sound of my heels. His face snapped over to mine, his eyes widening as he took me in. He blinked a few times but didn't say anything. I gave him a small wave and toothless smiling, feeling kind of awkward. 

"You're actually here?" his face scrunches up in confusion and I let out an awkward laugh. 

"Umm... yea. Sorry I'm late, I just had to get some coffee and they closed some of the streets and-" He cuts me off.

"It's fine." He gestures towards the seats infront of his desk, telling me to sit down. The place was nice, and had a very calm vibe to it. It was mostly white, with a few black accents to it. It was modern, sleek... very, Simon. 

He sat in his desk chair, staring at me a bit. I stared back, not really knowing what to do. I came here on business, but he seems some surprised that I actually came to the meeting, that he doesn't even have what he wants to say and talk about planned out. 

"So you're probably wondering why I've been pretty much begging to have a conversation with you for the past few months..." He starts off and I nod my head, telling him to continue. 

"Do you know of the band One Direction?" 

"Yes. I think it'd be impossible to not know them. What does this meeting have to do with them?" I can't help the surprise in my voice. This is very random. 

"I produce them as you probably know," I nod my head. "I want you to partner up with them for their charity. It's the Red Nose charity and it donates money to the children in Africa." 

"Why do you want me to partner up with this charity?" 

"Your name can help spread word of the cause. The boys are doing a wonderful job fundraising, but if the public sees that the charity is partnered up with a business like yours, it will be looked at more world wide and more professionally. People will want to donate for the reason that it will make their business look better. If your business contributes, so will theirs." His eyes never break mine, and I squint my eyes a bit at him. 

"I'd love too, just don't know why we couldn't have done this over email or phone?" I ask a little weary on the whole deal. 

"It's a big deal to me. It's not something I'd just want to talk to you about over email or the phone. If you partner with us on this, I want you physically involved." 

"What do you mean?" 

"There are events, meetings, traveling jobs that I would need you to be part of. The first event is the launch of the charity tomorrow in downtown LA... I would want you there. Bring a date, it'll be fun. But It'd be wonderful if you signed with me so that we could advertise better. I want the word to get out so we can help more children in Africa." 

"I'll do it." I narrow my eyes, "But under one condition." 

"And what would that be..." His eyes narrow back at me, cocking his head a bit. 

"I don't need to be present at every single thing that happens for this charity. I do have a business I need to run. I'll try to be at as many events as I can, but I do have other priorities- the main one running a company that employs over 200,000 people Mr. Cowell. Is that understood?" I bargain with him and he seems stunned by my tone of voice, but nods his head anyways. 

"It's a deal. Let's sign the paper work."

****************************

Half an hour later, and a cold coffee cup in my hand that was barely touched, I finally was allowed to walk out of Simon's office. He talked to me about what his plans were with the money we raised tomorrow at the event. How the boys would be releasing a song on iTunes, and how all the money would be going to the charity that was raised.