The Entrance to the Void

She tiptoed down to the bottom of the stairs, taking each step carefully, her foot testing out each step for creeks.

Once she had reached the bottom of the stairs, she crept forward and peeked around the wall to find a certain Skeleton detective.

(To help paint you a written picture of the basement:

Narrow stairs.

At the bottom of the stairs, there is a hallway that is three footsteps long.

You then turn to the right and the walls open up into your average mansion's basement)

Skulduggery ran his hand along the walls, applying pressure to different sections of the wall and/or mumbling. Stephenie took out her notepad and pen but thought it'd be easier to just type it in her phone before deciding it will most probably be a bad idea. Her phone might start ringing or give out a beep to let her know she has a text. She then silenced her phone and began scribbling down notes.

Skulduggery pressed a section of the wall and another section opened up. A keyhole. She did her best to describe everything.

She watched as Skulduggery slid the key into the Keyhole and a hidden door opened up and threw itself open.

Through the door, she could see there were stairs leading down to God knows where.

Stephenie, who had finished scribbling notes, decided it'd be best if she turned and upstairs now especially as she saw Skulduggery stop and pause.

She turned and headed upstairs as anxiety washed over her. Unfortunately, her anxiousness interfered in her being careful as her foot hit the steps a little too hard and Stephenie must have realized that as she froze her eyes wide open.

It seemed as though her senses had heightened as she could now hear the barely audible footsteps moving towards to her.