2 The Young Duckling

Start from the beginning

“Tell me you forgot?” he asked making me wonder. Did we plan on going on a date or something?

“What?” I watched him shaking his head making his blonde bangs to get more messed up.

“Today is the first day of your art class.”

“Shit I forgot.” My eyes went wide like saucers and immediately started panicking. I didn’t bring my art supplies with me. “My art supplies.” I whined and Tae chuckled.

“Don’t worry. I saw you left it in home so I brought it with me.” He fished his hand in back seat and produced a jute bag. I snatched it from him and looked inside it. Tae laughed the whole time as I examined my art supplies.

“Oh my god, thank you Tae.” I sighed in relieve and gave him a tight kiss on his cheek making him laugh even more.

“Your welcome~” he sang along. “Well, are you gonna make my handsome face in the art class or what?”

“Yeah, as if you’re the only model we have.” I snorted.

Tae dropped me off and promised me to pick me up after I am done and drove away. I wanted to go to an art school since I came to Seoul but because of the tough subject I chose to study didn’t allowed me for the first two years. It’s the time I guess. I sat on the corner room of the giant class after talking with the art teacher Mrs Doon. Slowly the class started filling and only few seats were left. I was going through my phone, searching for something to laugh on. That’s my bad habit. Whenever I am alone would crack the memes in social media.

The class was about to begin. Mrs Doon started giving us information on choosing proper brushes and pencils for drawing and painting. My head was crunched down as I examined my own brushes. The door of the classroom opened and I continued to match the items with Mrs Doon.

“Sorry I am late.” The voice apologised and my head snapped up in the speed of rocket. There stood the start of the end of everything. Jeon Jungkook. Mrs Doon mouthed an ‘its okay’ and asked him to take seat. The front seats were filled leaving only three seats at the back to be empty. One was the seat adjacent to mine and secretly, very secretly, the small subconscious inside me was wanting him to take the seat next to me. And then, our eyes met. Just like before my breathing stopped, but for a split second. All the eyes around the classroom were on him so was mine. And that’s the moment when a small smile came across his lips, a kind of smile which was capable of telling me that I am trapped. There was the trace of playful edge in it and a sinister hint. And also a kind of smile that could be used when you’re flattered. Was he flattered? I never knew. There were few questions that are unanswered till yet. Unanswered when I was twenty and unanswered when I am twenty eight.

Wearing the black jacket with the logo of Chanel embedded in it; he walked at the back of the class where I was sitting. His Saint Laurent shoes tapped on the wooden floor as he came closer to where I was. He walked gracefully. Each and every step he took looked like measured and calculated one. Looking him walk in such a manner made me realise I was walking like a doofus till yet. He could’ve picked any other seat; there were three seats left in my line, but he sat next to me. Wasn’t it what I wanted? It was, but today I wish it wasn’t.

“Hello Noona.” He voiced out. Sweet and smooth. Even though I was flattered by him, but I cannot help myself but to feel annoyed. I looked sideways and found him taking his art supplies out. He had a smile on his lips; he had an idea I didn’t liked to be called Noona and he was testing me.

“Charlie.” I corrected him again. He chuckled and gave me a glance. His dark eye is again curious and so is mine. I don’t know when I slipped- not actually slipped, a metaphor- but this could be one of the moment when I did. I smelled a strong scent of musk and oak coming from him along with a mild honey. A smell which could make you cum then and there and I was edged closer, not to cum, but to feel it coming- the end. I was drawn to it, the mild honey scent not the strong musk and oak wood. I guess I was always drawn to it and still I am and he knew that, the moment this happened, the moment I smelled his scent.

“Charlie,” he said my name with the playful edge. I nodded my head in approval and looked back in the front where Mrs Doon started going with the basics of shading.

“Yeah please keep that in mind to call me that. I don’t go with Noona-Unni stuffs.” Maybe I never liked to grow older, but now I am used to it. Used to getting one year older at the end of every year and wait for him to show up once again.

“Most likely.” He commented and continued, “What do you major in?” He asked out of blue.

“Microbiology.” I glanced at him, his eyebrows shot up in surprise. “You?”

“Fine Arts.” An adorable grin stretched on his lips. So adorable that something strange happened inside my belly. I didn’t show it out to him, but he knew it. He always knew everything, everything about me. How? I never knew.

“If you’re doing a fine arts as your major, then why you’re coming here for learning the basics?” I asked quietly as Mrs Doon had stopped explaining and the room is somewhat quiet.

“The practical conducting professor of fine arts in the uni is Mrs Doon’s sister.” He said in a low and sweet voice. It’s not smooth since he was using a hushed tone, but enough to grab my whole attention upside down.

“So?”

“If I’ll come to this class and keep on presenting my masterpieces to Mrs Doon, she will recommend my name to Mrs Jung, the professor. Mrs Jung will notice my works and will increase my grade points at the end of the year.” He’s mad or what?

“If you have so much confidence in your woks, then why don’t you wait for Mrs Jung to notice it?” At my words, he smirked. I guess he shouldn’t have done that.

“I like being extra.” He bragged and leaned back on the chair while folding arms over his chest. Our eyes never left each other’s. His smirk was gone now and was giving me another look of curiosity. “Why are you coming to art school?”

“Because I like drawing and I am very bad at it.”

“Why bad?” he asked a bit loudly since Mrs Doon started explaining once again.

“I never got the time to polish my skills I guess.” I answered him honestly. He hummed slightly and nodded his head. “Tell me how good you are.” Curiously I rested my hand on the desk and tilted my head sideways to have a better view of his beautiful face. With the release of my question, a soft smile appeared on his face softening his every feature. This smile was the most unique and beautiful, a smile capable of shaking my existence.

“I believe I could fail Mrs Jung and her sister both.” He stated arrogantly. He was always confident about his artwork. “And I believe I could be counted as the most powerful painter in Korea.” That hit me hard. I knew he wasn’t lying. But even if what he said was partial true I wouldn’t mock at him. Just because of his confidence, the confidence that not only whipped me away, that confidence also made me realise how unconfident I was.

“If you are that confident about yourself, then why don’t you teach me instead of Mrs Doon?” I was trying to act cool I front of him whereas the insides of me were in fire. He even knew that, that I wasn’t stable inside. The smirk and the slight hint of playfulness said it all.

“I could do that with pleasure if you don’t have any problem with it.” I never knew that simple comment was the single initiative took by him for everything because the rest of all was my own fortune.

There you go with the second one....

I will update this book frequently though!

Thanks for reading... 💜💜💜