"This is my old boxing buddy from Boston."

"Seth McCaslin." The man says with an outstretched hand which Luke shakes while introducing himself.

"McCaslin?" I repeat the last name which makes him give me an odd look. I stare at his hand momentarily before taking a hold of it and introducing myself. There can't be that many people in Boston with that last name.

"Who're your friends?" An older gentleman, who looks just like an older version of Seth says. "We were all wondering where you went off to."

"This is Denver Riley. You remember him, we used to fight together. He even trained at my gym."

"Right, right." He gives him a smile.

"How's it going, Mr. McCaslin?"

"Call me Sean, Denver."

Sean. Sean McCaslin from Boston, Massachusetts.

"Did you know a man named Trevor Donahue?" His face goes blank at my words. He looks me from head to toe and a look of complete shock takes over his features.

"What... what did you just say?"

"Trevor Donahue... did you know him?" Did you know my father?

"Wasn't that your best friend's name when you were younger, Dad?"

"Yes, yes it was. How do you know that name?" They're all staring at me but none of them quite like Sean is. He looks slightly haunted.

"Can we talk in private?" I nod over to an empty table.

"Sure." I let go of Luke's arm but I can feel he's tense. I'm sure he doesn't like the idea of me going anywhere without him but he knows the name. He'd helped me find out about my father.

Once we get to the small cocktail table we both order a whiskey neat from the cocktail waitress. We sit there for a moment just staring at one another. He's looking at my features and not in the way most men do. No, there's nothing sexual about the way he's studying me at all.

"You look just like him." Sean finally muttered out and I can even see his eyes are partially glazing over. "Jesus Christ, you look just like Trevor. You have his bright blue eyes but you've your mother's hair. You must be, what, thirty-two? Thirty-three?"

"I'm thirty-two and I have a twin sister." His eyes widen even more.

"Christ, you're telling me all this time your mother knew and didn't reach out? I mean, she knew me too." He looks off to the side awkwardly and I'm pretty sure it's because he probably slept with her too.

"She never really has all of her faculties about her." I sip my drink that the waitress had just put down a moment ago. "But I suppose neither of you did either if you both slept with her." He chokes and then finishes the rest of his whiskey in a single gulp.

"You know that he passed away soon after you were born then?"

"Yes, I went looking for him in my teenage years but found out he died of a drug overdose." That statement makes his features turn hard and I'm guessing it's because of my judgmental tone.

"He was my brother so please watch your tone when talking about him." That shocks me because from what the private investigator had found my father was an only child.

"He didn't have any siblings."

"Not on paper. But my father is actually his father. I found out after he passed away from a letter he'd written to me."

"So, wait, that makes you-"

"Your uncle and Seth your cousin." I've never known any other family than my mother and my sister. Looking at this man in front of me and back over to his son you'd think we were related considering we all have the same pitch-black hair.

"Was my father's hair black too?"

He lets out a small laugh at that, "no, it was the exact opposite. It was actually like your boyfriend's hair over there." He nods over to Luke.

"So he was blonde?"

"Very much so, golden blonde. But your facial features remind me of him so much so it's a bit unnerving." He looks over me again, "you're absolutely gorgeous."

"Thank you." But also, sort of an odd statement to make after saying I look like his dead best friend and brother.

"It was a joke we used to have." He states as he sips at his freshly placed whiskey. "He used to say he was better looking than me and we'd banter about it. But I will say, you look just like him and you're beautiful."

"It's sad I'll never be able to meet him." I fidget with the bracelet on my wrist feeling melancholy.

"Well, if you're ever in the Boston area, you should come visit us, Malyssa."

"Just call me Mal."

"Like I said, if you're ever in the Boston area you should come visit. I could show you around and tell you about him." He pauses when I don't respond. "That is if that's something you're interested in. If you don't want to know about him I understand."

Tears fill my eyes, "no, I'd actually love that." I'm getting emotional and getting emotional makes me want to fuck. I don't want to talk about my dead father or think about how my mom probably got a train ran on her with this man in front of me. But I'd love to get to know where I came from, well, at least where my sperm donor is from.

"You want to go back." He nods over to the guys who are happily chatting away. To my surprise Luke looks extremely engaged in the conversation as well. I wonder what they're talking about.

"Yeah, sure." We both stand up and I can't help but say, "thank you, Sean."

"For?" He quirks a brow.

"Talking to me, telling me about him."

"He had his flaws, there's no denying that, but don't we all?" He gives me a sad smile. "Other than that he was a pretty decent guy. He'd saved my life on several occasions and I still beat myself to this day for not being able to save his." That statement confuses me. "I found him." My features fall automatically at that statement. "If I had just been there an hour before maybe even..."

"You had no control over someone else's actions. Don't beat yourself up over things you can't control."

He nods his head, "you're a smart one, I'll give you that." Smart and filthy. Also good at killing people myself, but that's neither here nor there.

Once we reach the others I grab back onto Luke's arm like it's a life preserver. My head wants to go beneath the water, wants to drown. I have so many emotions going on in my head right now. All of this makes me want to feel Luke comforting me, in a very specific way.

"It was nice to meet you both and thank you for the conversation, Sean."

"Like I said, Mal, any time you're in Boston come and find me." I nod my head at him which has Seth and Denver looking back and forth between the two of us. "Well, I'm actually not feeling that great, so-" I look up at Luke and I know he can see what I want. He always knows what I'm thinking.

"Back to the room it is then." Denver's eyes darken at Luke's words and if I'm reading that look correctly, he's angry. I'm sure he'd much rather be the one comforting me in this particular way but I need Luke. I need control because I feel like my emotions are completely out of it.

"We'll see you later, Den." I give him a pleading look but he just nods his head and turns away from me to order another drink.

I feel bad for Denver, I really do, but I need this. I need Luke.

✭✭✭✭✭
A/N:
And now we know why this book is a spinoff. Mal's father was Sean's brother. Who saw that coming?