<8>

<><>

Jaemin expected the night to go easy, he leaves the house to get away from his brother's sex life and goes on a walk. He did not expect to be sitting next to Jeno as the two of them watch Jisung and Taeil talk. Jaemin would have gone home, if he had not told Taeil that he could stay at Jaemin's house. They had an extra guest room, so it wouldn't be cramped. Jeno would also have gone home, but Jisung was staying at his house for the night and he couldn't leave the young boy all alone out here. So there the two sat, not talking and just ignoring each other. Jaemin was listening to his music and Jeno was looking up at the sky.

"Either turn your music down or I'm throwing your airpods away." Jeno says, still looking at the stars. Jaemin chuckles to himself before taking the two earbuds out and putting them away.

Another moment of silence follows before Jeno speaks again. He didn't know why he was talking, yet here he was.

"Why're you out here anyways. Most kids don't take walks in the park at 3 am."

Jaemin laughs nervously. "Oh uh...just wanted to get out of the house..."

Jeno side-eyes him and raises an eyebrow. "At this hour?"

"I mean...I would tell you, but I don't think it's something people would like to know." Jaemin states, now also looking up at the stars. "It's not personal, just annoying." He cringes, thinking back to his brother and Jaehyun, who were probably asleep now, after their...workout...

Jeno rolls his eyes but says nothing more, he didn't even care that much anyways.

"Jaemin? Thank you again for letting me stay until I'm back on my feet." Taeil says, walking over.

The younger smiles. "Of course hyung. We have more than enough room." He then turns to Jisung, who walked over as well. "And if you ever want to see your brother, you can always come over Jisung. I know we aren't that close, but it's the least I can do...as a thanks." Jisung smiles and nods, understanding what the older boy meant. Jeno and Jaemin stand, and the four head out of the park.

NaNa:
Uh so this guy named Taeil is gonna be staying at our house for a while..

Taeyongie:
What ? i just woke up

NaNa:
I'll tell you the full story later...but he's coming home with me

Taeyongie:
Wait...his name is Taeil?

NaNa:
Thats what i said yeah

Taeyongie:
Oh ok... me and jae know him from college lol

NaNa:
Nice
Alright we'll see you soon.

Taeyongie:
Cool
WAIT WHY WERE YOU OUTSIDE AT 3AM IN THE FIRST PLACE

NaNa:
I got tired of hearing you scream daddy :))

Jaemin laughs when he sees his message left on read. He turns to Taeil, smiling. "Let's go. Apparently you know my older brother."

<><>

<a few weeks later because thats how time works>

Jaemin comes into school with bags under his eyes and prominent bed head. He almost fell asleep during first period. Thankfully he didn't because Renjun kept him awake by poking his arm with a pencil. He did, however, fall asleep during lunch. He had stayed in his classroom and eventually just fell asleep at his desk. Fortunately, he also had his math class there, so he didn't need to worry about moving.