Chapter Fourteen

"Can you show me one more time please?" Silas begged, giving Aiyana a look he knew she couldn't refuse.

Aiyana sighed, "it's late buddy, you need to get some sleep, you have to wake up early tomorrow for school."

"Please Yana, I just want to get it once. There is so much you have to teach me but you're going to have to leave again soon." He held back a smile, knowing that he got her with that one.

"Okay, one more time. I'll be here when you come back from school tomorrow and we can continue your training then."

Aiyana muttered a few words slowly, making sure Silas could hear each and every word, her body slowly began to disappear from sight.

"Go ahead and try it now."

Silas repeated after her, his hand began to disappear, he grinned as it spread all the way to his shoulder then stopping. The smile dropped from his face, "I thought I had it."

They both revered the spell, Aiyana placed her hand on Silas', "it's alright, it takes some people a long time to learn a spell of that caliber, besides not everyone, is capable of every spell. You're still strong no matter what. But it's bedtime now."

Silas crossed his arms over his chest, his face displayed his displeasure as he groaned, "I don't want to go to sleep."

"You have to bud or you'll be so tired tomorrow." Aiyana rolled her eyes at him, "if you go to bed I will teach you another spell tomorrow, alright?"

"Fine but it better be a good spell," he looked at her pointedly.

"It will be," She promised and then planted a kiss on his forehead, "good night Silas."

"Night Yana." He closed his eyes.

Aiyana blew the candle in his room out and went out into the hallway. She pretended to walk away then put her ear to the door. Silas started to practice the spell the minute he thought she left.

Aiyana shook her head, "go to bed," she said once more before walking away. But she knew that if her brother was anything like her, he wouldn't go to bed until he got it right. Whenever she was learning a new spell she wouldn't stop until she perfected it, she couldn't blame him for that. She would just laugh at him when he comes home exhausted from staying up all night. But she believed that he would get it eventually.

She started to walk to Eliza's guest room that she stayed in whenever she was in town. She sighed and sat down on the bed, this was a nice break. She had to go to camp during the day because she was in charge of training a group of new recruits. But she got to spend her evenings with Silas, and now her nights with the queen.

The queen, Aiyana felt completely different about her now, now that she knew more about her, they were much more alike than she would have guessed. Months ago she thought she just an evil queen who didn't care if her subjects lived or died, but she was the opposite of that.

She really cared for her people and even though she was a little messed up, she was just a product of her surroundings. The entire time she was telling Aiyana her story, she had just wanted to throw her arms around her and tell her that everything would be alright.

Aiyana took the flowers she had picked earlier in the day from the dresser. She thought it would be a nice gesture after the queen had been so personal with her. She figured that she wasn't like that with just anyone. They really were friends who would have thought.

Aiyana teleported to the queen's room, it was a place that seemed so familiar nowadays. The queen was sitting by her desk, scribbling something in a journal