Chapter Nine

The queen was smiling, she was actually smiling, a few guards gave her surprised looks when she walked through the doors. She had cleaned up and was now just walking through the palace, she still hadn't gotten used to how big it was.

There was a lot of things that she still didn't know, like why that girl made her smile, or why she would hug her, everything about Aiyana confused her. Like the fact that she wanted to spend more time with her, it wasn't like they were friends or anything.

"Why are you smiling so much Corvina?" A rather annoying voice asked with a smile as the queen entered the throne room. The queen's smile dropped from her face as she walked further into the throne room and she saw who was sitting on her throne. Just when she thought the day was going so good.

"Don't call me that and get off my throne before I cut off your stream of air," she threatened, glaring at her twin brother who was sitting on her throne, waiting for her. She had no issue with following through, all he did was annoy her.

"That is some way to treat your younger brother." He pouted at her, unmoving, he continued to sit in the throne.

"Yeah, well that is some way to treat your queen Raphael." She glared at her brother, to think, she was in such a good mood just a few minutes ago as that girl's scent lingered on her.

"I'm sorry," Raphael stood up and bowed, "my queen, forgive me." He said mockingly, with an amused smile on his face.

"If you are here to mock me then you may leave." She crossed her arms over her chest in annoyance.

"Unfortunately, that is not the only reason I'm here sister." He stopped talking when a servant came through the doors, she looked like she was in a rush, pushing a cart with wine.

"I'm sorry for barging in my queen." She had her head down, not daring to look her queen in the eye after not knocking. The queen didn't understand why she looked so scared, she never blew up on servants who did something wrong, they just assumed she would be angry.

Part of her liked being feared but sometimes it made her feel so alone, she guessed that was why she felt so happy when Aiyana hugged her, she was never scared of her, the queen couldn't believe Aiyana actually had the nerve to hug her. And she couldn't believe that she had liked it.

"Don't worry about it sweetheart, you can just leave that over here." Raphael instructed, making the girl blush. "Thank you Lucile was it?"

She nodded with a slight smile on her face but quickly became serious, remembering where she was.

"You may leave now, I hope to see you around." Raphael smiled warmly at her.

The servant curtsied to the queen as she looked down at the ground and blushed at Raphael's charms, she quickly left the room, leaving the siblings alone.

"Don't flirt with my servants." She rolled her eyes, "you're just giving them false hope, and don't sleep with them either."

"I would never," he batted his eyelashes innocently.

"What are you doing to here Raphael?" The queen asked aggressively, she just wanted to be left alone.

"Can't you see, I'm here to have a drink with my dear sister, here, I'll even let you have your throne." Raphael stood up and offered it to her, she obliged waking up the grand golden stood to get up to her throne. She sat down while Raphael stood up and went to pour them some wine.

Raphael handed her a glass before he sat down on the throne next to her, it was less grand and meant for whoever she may marry. But at this moment she wasn't sure that would even happen. She didn't have the time to look for potential candidates.

"To your victory," Raphael raised his glass to her, she hesitantly raised her own, confused by her brothers actions.

"What victory are you talking about?" She brought her glass to her nose first before drinking it, she smiled at the familiar slightly sweet taste, he brother had chosen her favorite wine.

"I would never poison you sister, because that would mean I would have to do your job and you know I'm too lazy for that. Though I am glad you are being cautious. I heard your army defeated a large group of rebels in Carvina. You're so close to squashing this rebellion so tell me why, my dear sister, why do I hear that there is a group of rebels camping outside your door and you haven't slaughtered them yet?"

"I'm dealing with the situation, you don't have to worry about it, this is my job not yours." She brushed him off, the truth was she had no idea what the answer really was.

"I worry for you, I'm worried you're becoming weak, the woman I know would have slaughtered them the second she knew they were here, with your curse, you could kill them all by yourself. The only reason I could come up with is that you were toying with them." He looked up at her, his eyes filled with curiosity.

"Why are you really here Raphael, I know you don't care about me that much that you would insist on checking up on me."

"They're getting risky my queen, the rebels, there were some on my land not too long ago, causing a ruckus, killing our people. I tried to reach you but you were off fighting so I had to take care of it. If you don't end this soon, with the fight against the Fërrum and the rebels... well."

"You think I'll lose?"

He sighed, "I think you need to be focused on the Fërrum, you know they are no joke."

She sighed, knowing he was right and she had to admit that. "You're right, I've been distracted. I'll have the rebels taken care of tonight."

"I'm what?" Raphael raised an eyebrow and smirked, satisfied about her confession. "Shall I come, it'll be just like old times."

"No."

Raphael shrugged, he stood up, "goodbye sister, I'll leave you to figure your plan. I'm glad you see it my way."

"If you see a servant, tell them to summon the general, we have something to discuss."

Raphael grinned, "will do, join me for dinner when you are done will you?"

"No thank you," the queen would be dealing with something else that she felt was much more important.

Raphael poured himself another glass of wine and left the room dramatically, leaving the queen to think.

Her brother was right, she needed to deal with the rebellion before she could turn her full attention to the Fërrum situation. He underestimated the rebels though, there were a lot of them, she couldn't just kill them all, she just needed to take down whoever may be organizing this, who that was, she wasn't sure yet.

She didn't need to slaughter rebel armies one at a time, she needed to get the information to take them down from the inside and she had an idea exactly where she could get that from.

"My queen," the general kneeled in front of the steps by her throne, 'you summoned me?"

"Rise, I need you to gather the soldiers here, you have my permission to take out the rebels."

A smile tugged at his lips, "thank you my queen, will you be joining us?"

She shook her head, "no, I have something else to take care of."