"How are you feeling?" Sasuke asked as his cousin walked closer to him.

"I'm feeling just fine," She smiled softly at him.

"Look, Sasuke, I want to apologize. I know that we both suffer from similar pain, and I know your hate for Itachi is extremely strong. But we saw what happened that day. He beat us mercilessly. The only way we will avenge our clan is by working together. So from here on out, I'm sorry for any missed treatment I've given you. I, Uchiha Senju (Y/N), will work beside you to avenge the Uchiha clan."

"(Y/N) I should be apologizing-"

"Sasuke, that doesn't matter. I just want to forge a bond with you." (Y/N) cut him off while sticking her hand out.

"Together we can defeat Itachi, I know it!" She smiled, and Sasuke embraced her hand, but his mind was thinking of a much different path.

***
({A/N}: time skips because I'm lazy)

"Now sorry for the wait, you too, but I've called you both today due to the past Chunin exams. Though (Y/N) you weren't present, the Anbu and the third Hokage have praised your skills immensely. As for you, Shikamaru, your proctors, and the Third Hokage, also had high praise for your abilities through the exams. So at this point, my input won't make a big difference. Now (Y/N) Uchiha and Shikamaru Nara, I hope you both continue your path and honor Konoha as chunins from here on out." Tsunade grinned to the pair in front of her. The Fifth Hokage was now in place and was starting to take on the many responsibilities she has.

The room was filled with skilled jounin that lined the side Shikamaru was standing. The other side was filled with masked Anbu there to support (Y/N).

"Everyone is dismissed besides the Anbu and (Y/N)." She spoke again, and all the rest left.

"Now, I need to know everything you have done with (Y/N)."

A female Anbu walked up with documents in her hands. (Y/N) knew it was Midori due to her slender figure and long black hair. She handed the documents to Tsunade, she scanned the papers, and her facial expression changed. The calmness that was once there turned into irritation.

"He will no longer be in charged of this for now...you," Tsunade's glanced landed on Midori. "Will continue her training; however, you see fit." Midori nodded her head in an understanding manner.

"Now the rest of you are dismissed, I must speak to (Y/N) and her alone." She instructed the role of Hokage was certainly suiting her.

"(Y/N), I'm more than positive if Lord third heard of how your training was being managed, it would have ended immediately."

"I'm sorry for what you have endured through those months of training." Tsunade's light brown eyes showed how deep remorse.

"Lady Tsunade, Kakashi Sensei had recently told me he knows someone that could help me master my wood release. Please let me meet them and train under them. That's all I ask for." (Y/N) spoke eagerly, wanting to get stronger.

"Is that so... Midori, do you have a clue of who she is speaking of?"

"I believe Kakashi is talking about Yamato, m'lady." Responded Midori.

"Please get Kakashi for me," Tsunade instructed.

"Yes, lady Tsunade." And Midori vanished quickly.

***

"I believe Ten- I mean Yamato could help (Y/N) greatly. He is the only living person with the same kekkei genkai of wood release." Kakashi explained.

"Midori and I can go with Yamato! It'll be the three of us, and they can help me get stronger!" (Y/N) blurted out in excitement.

"Hmmm... I suppose, after everything you've been through, I can allow this training. But (Y/N) how long will you plan to train for?" Tsunade asked while raising an eyebrow.

"However long it takes, I need to grow strong enough to defeat Itachi and bring pride to both the Uchiha and Senju clan."  The young girl spoke with complete pride and confidence.

"You do know mastering wood release is no easy task." Tsunade reminder her trying to see how strong the Will of Fire burned in the girl before.

"Then I'll work as hard as I possibly can! If mastering this technique will provide a great asset to the village, then I'll do whatever it takes."

Midori and Kakashi looked at (Y/N); they were so surprised yet proud. When they both met the young girl, she was serious, cold, and slowly being engulfed by pain and darkness. But now she was blossoming becoming more joyful, her heart was growing warm, and the darkness she had was fading.

———
[a/n]: check out my new Itachi book! It's somewhat different from what I usually write... but I still think you should check it out 🥺❤️

Anyways have a good day !!! 💞