Extra Scene: James Potter and the Lover Boys of Olympus

Start from the beginning

_______________

Maintaining a long distance relationship was a lot harder than Albus had expected it to be.

Excluding the Christmas visit, the last time they'd seen each other for more than a couple days at a time was Albus's trip to Camp Half Blood, and even then they hadn't spent all that much time alone together. He'd only been back at Hogwarts for three days and he was already missing his boyfriend. Somehow he felt more lonely now than when he was single.

He groaned a little, flopping into his pillow. He was a sixth year, for crying out loud. He was the infamous Potter Snake. He was not supposed to be getting this worked up over a boy.

Even if he was god-like in every sense of the word.

Albus rolled over, slinging his arm over his eyes and fighting his blush.

"Ooh," came a voice from the door, "Alone in the dorm, red in the face? What's going on in here, Albus?"

"Shut up, Scorpius."

"Is that any way to treat your best friend?"

Albus sat up with another groan, death glaring at the other boy.

"Now, see, that'd be a lot more threatening if you weren't still blushing."

Scorpius sat at the edge of his bed. "Are you okay?"

Albus averted his eyes. "I'm fine."

"We both know that you're lying to me."

"Yes, we do."

Scorpius smirked. "If I guess right, will you tell me?"

"I know you're going to guess right, so out with it."

"If you need to see Hunter that badly, I can help you sneak out to Apparate during one of our Hogsmeade weekends. I can enchant a galleon to warm up when you need to get back."

"I don't need to see him," Albus protested, "I just- it might be nice."

"Wow. One week was enough for him to wrap you around his pinky finger. Imagine how it's going to be by your anniversary."

"I'll deal with it when we get there."

Albus finally softened, smiling at him. "Thanks, Scorpio."

"Any time, Al."

Scorpius paused.

"So that one date I want to take Rose on..."

Albus pursed his lips.

"Fine. But you're buying the Dissimulator."

"Deal!"

<*~*~*~*~*>

"Listen, Albus. You need to be back in two hours. I'll warm the Galleon at the ten minute warning."

"Got it."

"Intercontinental Apparition is hard. Dumbledore can do it, but you're no Dumbledore. You need to focus. I swear, you'd better not Splinch. I'm not putting you back together."