Chapter Ten

Percy's POV

AAH! I THINK THE WIND IS RIPPING OFF MY FACE! HOW DO I STOP THIS THING? MAYBE IF I SAY PLEASE IT'LL STOP! WHAT DID HARRY SAY? LEAN FORWARD AND IT'LL GO FORWARD? MAYBE IF I LEAN BACKWARDS... Whoops. Now I'm flying backward. Lucky me.

I straighten out like I'm riding a pegasus. Ironic, since I am riding a Pegasus. It stopped in front of the group.

Ron yelled from the stands, "Bloody hell, that thing is fast!"

Harry held his hands out, "Can I take it for a spin?"

It's funny. I get a broomstick and suddenly I'm Harry and Ron's best friend.

I shrug, "Sure."

He climbed onto it, while I sat in the bleachers. The broomstick bucked and flew in circles, apparently trying to knock Harry off. Harry screamed really shrilly, making me snicker. He flew backward into the Black Lake.

When he got out, shivering, he glared at me, "What did you do?"

I raised my hands, "I didn't do anything!"

Harry rolled his eyes, teeth chattering, "Why did your stupid broom do that? What curse did you use?"

I cannot believe this kid. Wait, where's my wand? I patted my pockets.

"Um, Hermione," I said slowly, "I think I lost my wand."

Hermione looked at me, her face blank, but didn't say anything. Ron slammed his palm into my arm, wincing in pain, "Not surprising. Especially considering you lost the most powerful wand of all time."

"I keep telling you guys, I don't know any spells. I don't know why the broom did that and I certainly don't know where my wand is!" I walked down to the ground, snatching my broom from the grass.

Ginny ran off, waving, "See ya. I need to get to Potions before Snape takes five points from Gryffindor for being too early."

I watched her disappear into the castle. This is why I need Annabeth. My wand is missing. I whined, "Hermione! Are you just gonna sit there? Can you please help me find the wand?"

I put a little charmspeak into my voice since, clearly, Hermione was back to giving me the silent treatment. Maybe I can guilt her into telling me what the Hades happened.

"Accio, Percy's wand," Hermione shouted, flicking her own wand.

A stick came flying at me. I ducked, expecting to turn around and find an evil stick-throwing monster behind me, but I just looked up and saw my wand in Hermione's hand.

I plucked it from her grip, "Alright, let's get to whatever class is next."

Hermione stormed off. Someone's in a mood.

I just walked behind her like I'd done so many times already, Harry and Ron level with me.

"What the hell is wrong with your broom? It could have blood killed me!" Harry raged, his wet glasses sliding down his nose.

"Yeah!" Ron agreed, "I know it's hexed, you prat. You're just like my brother Percy. You've got the same name and everything!"

I looked at the exasperatedly, "If it was hexed, why did I not get thrown off?"

Harry swung his hands out, "Well how am I supposed to know? You're the one who hexed it!'

These wizards never learn. I tell them I don't know any magic. They're like, why did you hex the broom? I tell them I never met any Thanatos eater or moldy short in my life, they yell at me, Why do you have the Dark mark, you Death eater? I got sorted into Gryffindor, they call me a Slytherin. I mean, how dumb can you get? They haven't quite reached Percy level dumb, but they're coming really close.