Chapter Seven

Percy's POV

Me and Hermione are just strolling along to Ancient Greek. Neither of us were saying anything and it's really awkward. She was clutching her arm, and I was just whistling. My mind felt like it was being swirled around in a storm of air spirits. What was that guy's name again? Oh, right. Dylan, the botherer of Jason. I share that title with him.

As much as Harry hated me, I wouldn't think he'd have gone so far as to hurt Hermione. I mean, she is, or rather, was, his best friend. I still feel guilty for tearing apart their friendship. It was cute compared to me and Annabeth's, but it was still a strong one.

"So," I said, "How's your arm holding up?"

Hermione's hand fell away from the wound, "It's alright, thanks to you." She said that last part quietly, like she was in shock or something.

What's so bad about me being helpful? I'm just a helpful dude!

I cleared my throat, "It might leave a scar, but it'll look really cool."

Hermione shrugged, "If you don't mind, I'd rather leave my skin scar free."

I scratched the back of my head, embarrassed. Wow. I literally had nothing to say. I always have something to say! I had a Persassy remark when Annabeth found out I ripped up her blueprints, and after I got that bucket on my head. For the record, I might have been stumbling around with a bucket jammed onto my head, but I sure as Hades looked hot doing it.

When Leo gets back, I'm gonna need to have a word with that boy. Need to cut down on my McShizzle exposure.

We walked into the Greek classroom, and I saw a very happy child of Hades. I felt a grin split my face and I noogied him. "Neeks!" I shouted, "What're ya doing here?"

He brushed me off with a frown, "You keep calling me 'Neeks' and you might just find a sword up your gluteus maximus, Perce," he said in Greek.

I smiled, "Aw, come on! You know I'm better at that than you. Plus, I've got a very Skittley bodyguard."

Nico paled, "I'm sorry, did you just say Skittley? As in, Skittles?" I nodded, my eyebrows waggling up an down. 

At that moment, Luna popped up in front of his face, scaring the Hades out of him. "Wassup, Neeks?" She said, grinning, "How'd you get turned into a professor?"

I felt my eyes bug out, "Wait, you're teaching? But you're like, fifteen." Nico puffed his chest out, "No, I'm like, eighty!" The rest of the wizards looked at him strangely.

His pale face turned as red as a Weasley's hair and he shouted, "I'm kidding, kidding. I am fifteen. I'm a little young, but I am your professor, and I deserve as much respect as you'd give Dumbledore. Plus, I've been through more than any of you ever will. Well, except young Perseus."

I glared at him mockingly. "Whatever you say," I said, walking to sit between Hermione and Luna, "Neeks." I winked at him and he glared back with a smile.

Of course, Harry decided to burst out, "Percy's lying! He hasn't been through so much. The hat says so and he says so, but they're the only ones!" Nico and Luna shot him a death glare. He literally paled past white. Is there something past white? Let's just say you could practically see his skull.

Nico's voice turned quiet and threatening. "I know what he's been through even if your ego filled brain refuses to believe it. In fact, most of the time I was right there with him. So shut up, Potter."

The whole class went, "Oooh." Needless to say, Harry returned to his normal state of being a tomato.

Then he got down to business, "Alright, class! We will be beginning with a pretest to see where you are."