Chapter 8: Tattooed Heart

Start from the beginning

The six of us got out of our seats and headed out of the gym, though we stayed lingering in the main hall, waiting for Preston and Joseph.

I was still thinking about Preston's performance. That fact that he was looking at me, a glint shining in his eyes as he sang his heart out, it had butterflies dancing around in my stomach. Just the memory of it gave the same effects. A part of me wished that he was looking at me because I was the one that he liked, the one that he had been keeping a secret about. But another part of me ached, because what if he didn't like me? What if he liked Marci or some other queen? I didn't want to hurt Marci's feelings either.

We were supposed to be best friends, so why was he making my heart race? Why did I have to ache for him so much?

"Hey! There they are!" Kourtney's voice snapped me from my thoughts. She was frantically waving over to the cafeteria doors where Joseph and Preston walked out. I bit my lip as the two of them walked over, and immediately were bombarded by our friends.

"You two did so amazingly! Absolutely had me swooned!" Phoebe gushed. She wrapped her arms around her boyfriend and kissed Joseph on the lips. His arms went around her waist, a smile tugging his lips.

"Thank you, baby. It was all for you."

"Yes! Preston your voice was like magic! God, whoever you like has to be swooning!" Kourtney exclaimed to him. She briefly glanced back to me and winked, making a blush rise to my cheeks. Preston's gaze lifted to me and he smiled, a look in his eyes that I couldn't quite read. When he walked over, my heart started to beat.

"Did you like my performance, Adrien?" Preston asked with an amused smile. I scoffed at him, willing the blush on my face to go away, but it remained much to my embarrassment.

"Why wouldn't I? Y-you're a great singer. I always enjoy listening to you sing."

"Oh, yea?" Preston chuckled. Marci then jumped between us, wrapping her arm around Preston.

"I agree! Your performance was amazing! It was the perfect song choice too!" Marci beamed. I bit my lip, a discomfort on my chest. Preston sighed heavily before he looked down at Marci and smiled.

"I'm glad you all liked it. Joseph's performance was really good too. He knows how to rock that keyboard."

"Just like he knows how to rock me~" Phoebe cooed with a smirk. Asher snorted, while the rest of us started to laugh.

"Save it for the bedroom Phoebe. Tonight is going to be a killer party," Asher laughed.

Phoebe rolled her eyes with a smile, "oh please, like you don't talk about your active sex life. Do you feel well enough to go to the party? Or are you going to stay home?"

"Psh, I'm going to that party. I'm not missing out."

"Okay well! I'm going to go home and do some homework before the party! I'll see all of you guys there!" Kourtney exclaimed. She waved at us before heading off, all of us shouting our goodbyes to her.

Eventually, the rest of us parted ways. Preston and I headed upstairs to our lockers to grab our bags and homework before we were leaving the school and walking home.

***

[Preston's POV]

I sat across Adrien at the kitchen table, watching as he did his biology homework. The stereo on the kitchen table softly played music. I had a bowl of cereal in front of me along with my math homework, but I was too occupied with stuffing my face and watching Adrien actually do it.

Annie's party didn't start until 9 pm, so we had a lot of time to kill until then. I was so fucking bored though. I hate when you know something exciting is going to happen and you can't sit still for the time being. I couldn't wait to dress up in our costumes, get drunk, and dance my ass off. Well, more so, I couldn't wait to dance with Adrien and see him in his sexy little police costume. I knew he was going to look delectable in it. It was also the first time he would be wearing a costume like the ones we picked so I was hella curious.