chapter 10

My dad parked the car and and we walked towards Amir's house.

My dad knocked and the door flew open. it was Khalid, Amir's older brother.

"Assalamuallaikum aunty, uncle, sister in-law" Khalid said as my parents and him laughed.

I made a face that showed 'not funny'

we all replied and we followed him inside.

my parents said salaam to their parents as I did last.

I stood near the couch and Khalid stood a few feet away.

"Take a good look at the house nicely, cause you'll be staying here soon" Khalid whispered chuckling.

"hilarious. " I said folding my arms. I felt so..I don't know. It was a weird feeling.

Rabya walked in and Khalid took her hand and she sat down on the couch.

The adults went to the dining room and the 3 of us talked.

"How does that even make sense. look Khalid, if you wanna make your excuse...atleast make a reasonable one." I said

"exactly" Rabya said

"assalamualaikum" Amir said. I turned to him and replied "walaikumsalam"

"about time you came, Amira's been complaining  for so long, she missed you so much" Khalid said as felt my cheeks burn. Not true. NOT true!

Amir took a seat next to me and turned his head towards me with one eyebrow raised.

"I apologize, for my impunctuality " He said as I felt my cheeks turn even more red. Khalid and him chuckled and then Amir's eyes came landed back onto me.

"awww how sweet" Rabya shrieked. Not really but okay.

"Why shouldn't I be, after all she'll be my wife soon." Amir said smirking. I was sweating like crazy, I felt so nervous.

"Yup you better take good care of her. now Khalid help me go up stairs."

Khalid took her hand and they slowly walked out.

I swollowed hard and then Amir turned towards me.

"You and Zayn? what's the story." He asked.

"Nothing we were classmates." I said as he looked straight into my eyes.

"I suddenly feel interested in your school life, tell me Amira... did you date anyone in highschool?" He asks adjusting his body to face me.

"No. Never." I said.

"I have. once. " he said as he looked at my face looking for a reaction.

"You told me you never did. Either you're lying or you lied that day." I said

"Does it matter which one? Either way I'm lying?" He asked.

"No. It makes a difference that you lied. I don't like liars."

"Funny cause you seem to like me." He said chuckling.

I didnt say anything. I just kept my head down.

"What's the matter love, are you upset with me?"

"What difference does it make to you?" I asked

"You're my fiance, you matter to me."

"You're lying. I hope you know that just because you call me "baby" or "babe" that doesnt show me that you care. it just tells me that you want me labelled to you." I said