Chapter 7.

Luke's P.O.V.-
"Why'd you say that to her?", my face contorts in the mirror.
"What do you mean? I didn't say anything that wasn't true!"
"
"I like her! A lot! That was mean. She'll probably never speak to me again, thanks to you!", I yell back.

"She's fat! And ugly! And freakishly tall, bro.", I roll my eyes,"It's not like she would've stayed anyway."

"And why do you say that?", I question my reflexion.

It sighs back at me, "She's obviously fucking that Ashton kid."

"Ashton? No! She's just his best friend. I'm pretty sure he's gay anyway..." I trail off when I'm interrupted by a loud banging on the bathroom door.

"Who the hell's in there with you?!", my aunt screeches at me, through the door.

"Uh, nobody.", I quickly unlock the door and push passed her, running down the stairs.

"Get back here, Luke!", I can barely here her say my name as I run down the street.

Why does this have to be so hard?! I just want to be normal. Being normal is just a small step towards sanity...-I think.

My phone vibrates in my pocket.

A text that reads:
"Hey, this is Beatrice. Ashton gave me your number. My friend Maycee is kinda going crazy at the moment and needs to talk to you. Where are you?"

Quickly, I type back:
"I'm currently in the middle of the street. But, I'll be at the Target in about 15 minutes. Meet me there, I need to talk to you."

I send it and walk back to my aunts house, grabbing the bike that's leaning against the front porch railing, and taking off towards Target.
•••••••
"Hi, I'm Alex. Can I help you?", a tall boy with blondish/brownish hair interrupts my thoughts of Beatrice.

"Uh, I'm okay." I look up and around the aisle I'm standing in. It's full of mirrors. "Are you sure, sir?"

"Yes! I'm sure! Leave me alone, damnit!", I yell this so loud that he jumps back in surprise.

"Sorry.", Alex turns around and walks swiftly down the aisle with out even taking a glance back at me.

"Luke?" An angelic voice come from behind me.

"Beatrice.", I turn around and see her beautiful face. She's frowning.

"Are you okay?" Taking a step foward, she reaches out and touches my shoulder.

I sort of cringe without consciously making the action. Beatrice frowns again and pulls back.

"I convinced Maycee to just drop me off here."

"Oh." I look at her, acknowledging everything on her face. She has a beauty mark next to her mouth and one on her forehead. Her brown eyes aren't dark or light. They look sort of red, like wood. I've noticed that when she smiles, her eyes light up and her cheeks redden.

"Listen, I'll leave if you want. You don't have to talk to me or anything. I just wanted-"

"No." I interrupt her. "I want you to be here. Just, let's go to my house or something?"

"Okay. That sounds better." She reaches her hand out and I take it, enjoying the feeling of her fingers intertwined with my own.

••••••••••••

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for saying that stuff. It's just that- well. I have some complicated shit in my life." I take her hand in mine and lean in. We made it to my house about 15 minutes ago and we're now sitting in my bedroom, on my bed.

"Luke. You gotta tell me what's going on. We can't keep this, whatever it's called, going if I don't know what's going on with you."

"Well... I have- just- it's better if you read it.", I stand up from my bed and walk to my closet.

It takes a couple of minutes to find it, but I eventually find my diary from the past year sticking out of a bag.

"Here.", I hand her the book and she slowly opens it up.

Her face changes a few times, from sad, to smiling, to confused and then lastly, to shocked.

Beatrice sets the book down and looks up at me.

"Oh, Luke." She pulls me into an embrace and buries her face in the crook of my neck.

"It's okay Beatrice." I softly pet her hair and chuckle.

"No! It's not. It must be so.. Weird. Is it weird?"

"Yeah, it gets confusing sometimes. But, it has it's upsides. I'm never lonely when I have another personality."

Beatrice giggles softly and looks up at me. "I want to know how I can help. I need to know."

"Just, be you." Her lips change into a breathtaking smile as I caress her cheek with my hand. "Just, be your beautiful, wonderful, amazing self."

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Welp. That sucked. Anyways, Alex from Target is in this one!
-lolnaw 🌙