Chapter 2.

Luke's P.O.V.-

"Don't worry, honey. Everything will be fine. I'm sure you'll have fun!" My mothers voice assures through my cell phone speaker.

"Yeah, mum, I guess. It's just so different here. Everyone has this okie accent and it's getting annoying."

My mother, Liz, sighs "Well, maybe you'll get used to it. Call me when you get home from school and tell me all about it! Love you, sweetie."

"Love you too, mum. Bye."

I hang up my phone and place it back into my pocket. Tomorrow is my first day of school in Oklahoma.

I strip down to just my boxers and climb into bed, cuddling under the covers.

The sound of a voice travels up the stairs and under my door. My aunt.

"I don't care if he's depressed and bipolar, Liz, he's in MY house. He'll show me some respect." I guess my mum called my aunt right after I hung up on her.

"He hasn't been out if his room the whole time he's been here." I roll my eyes and turn over so I'm facing the wall.

Tomorrow is going to suck.

""""""""""""""""""

Lunch

""""""""""""""""""

I was right. Today sucks.

I've literally been here for 4 hours and nothing has happened. Nobody seems to want to talk to me.

Well, I mean I don't want to talk to anyone else either but still.

I walk into the cafeteria room and sit down at a moderately empty table.

Two girls sit in the middle and I avoid eye contact as I sit down.

My book, The Shining by Steven King,is in my backpack. Pulling it out and setting it on the table, I steal a glance at the girls sitting in the middle.

One is shorter than the other and wearing a pink shirt that says ,"Good Girls Like Bad Boys". She has blonde/brown ombré hair and glasses on. Her skin complexion is brown with her natural makeup done up. Very pretty.

The other, who has a book out, is pretty tall.

She has long legs, a light brown complexion, a bigger bust, and long, dark brown hair.

Her nerdy glasses rest on her nose and she has winged eyeliner. Her Ramones t-shirt catches my eye pretty quickly.

Her head turns towards me and I quickly look away.

I hope she didn't see me staring at her. She's really pretty, actually. Beautiful even.

Somebody clears their throat from behind me.

"You're in my spot, faggot."

I slowly turn around to see a built boy with about 5 identical boys behind him.

"You better move, or he'll kick your ass.", One of them says.

I stay quiet and just stare at them blankly.

"Oh, you're deaf, huh? Well, maybe this will help you hear me better." He slams his tray on the table beside me and grabs me by the collar.

"I said move, you fag-"

"Woah, woah, woah now. No need to get physical with the boy." I hear another voice from beside us.

I look to see who it is, a boy with curly blonde/brown hair and a cheeky smile is standing with his arms on his hips.

"Get out of here, Ashton. This is my business not-"

"Drop him, Brandon. We don't want another problem like last time, right?"

Brandon nods and glares at Ashton.

I'm dropped back into my seat and I pop my neck.

The boys move off after Ashton gives them one last shoo with his hand.

I try to start to read again when I hear Ashton sit down in front of me.

"So, you're the new exchange student, right? Where are you from again?", Ashton asks me.

I stay quiet and continue to pretend to read.

"Are you really deaf? I thought you were just-"

I cut him off and mumble,"Australia."

"...oh. What's it like there?"

I shrug my shoulders and keep my head down.

"Sounds exciting. Maybe you could like tell me more about it when you're like feeling better, you know what I mean?"

I don't respond and keep 'reading'.

"What's that girls name over there?", I mumble to Ashton.

"Wha- oh. That's Beatrice. And her friend Claudia. They're like in band and stuff. That Beatrice girl can sing really good and play a lot of musical stuff. Claudia can too. Why? Do you think she's cute?"

"No!" I jerk my head up "I was just wondering, that's all."

Ashton cocks his head to the side and raises an eyebrow. "Oookay. Suure."

"Beatrice and I hang out sometimes. My friend Michael and Claudia are like dating though, so sorry if you thought she was cute. She's taken."

I nod once and look over at Beatrice again. She's throwing her head back with laughter. Probably one of the most beautiful things I have seen and heard, yet.

"So, Luke... Right? Uh, I'm Ashton."

I glance at him and see that he's stretching his hand across the table, expecting me to shake it.

Should I? Can I trust him to be acquainted with me?

About 5 seconds later, I take his hand and shake it slightly.

"Nice to meet you, Luke. Maybe we have some hours together."

"Yeah.", I mumble.

Maybe this isn't gonna suck THAT bad.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Aaaaaaaayyye, sweeties. So, what do you think about THIS one? Huh? Nobody? Hello?? *echoes*

Well, sorry if this sucks. I guess it's pretty long though.

Buuuut! Ashton's here! YAY

Calum and Michael will be in the next chapter (hopefully).

So, Comment/Vote/Like. Whatever.

Love yah- Lolnaw