Chapter 2

Ever since then, the seven people came into the diner all the time. I learned all their names; Matt, Brian, Jimmy, Johnny, Valary, Michelle, and Zacky.

Every time I went over to their table, Zacky would be looking at me. He had the cutest face I had ever seen, and his eyes were a gorgeous emerald green.

After I had given them their food, I went back to the bar, and began reading a magazine when I heard them talking.

"Dude, just go ask her out!"

"Shut up Jimmy, she'll hear you!" Zacky hissed.

I smiled and continued to listen while "reading".

"Hey! She's hot and nice, so just go for it!" Matt said, shortly followed by a grunt. "but not as hot as you Val.."

"Fine! I'll do it."

In my peripheral vision I could see Zacky walking towards me.

"Hey.."

I looked up at him. "Hi."

He looked down as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"So, April, I was wondering if you would like to go out with me.."

I smiled at him. "I would love to."

He looked up, and got a big grin on his face. "Really?"

I laughed and pulled out a pen and napkin. I wrote down my number and handed it to him.

"I- I'll call you later!" he smiled bigger as he looked at me and then the napkin.

"Hey jackass! We gotta go!" Brian yelled at Zacky.

"Shut the fuck up!" he looked back at me. "I'll see you soon?"

I nodded. "I hope so."

He laughed and followed everyone out the door.

I looked down at my magazine, blushing and smiling like a love-struck teenager.