055

Lucas, Nancy, Johnathan, Will, And Ruby all sit quietly behind the car, praying that they remain hidden from the beast that's currently destroying the mall

Ruby and Will hold each other tightly in fear. Will shudders, causing Ruby to squeeze his hand. Ruby peers over the car. "Ruby, what are you trying to do?" Will pulls her down.

"Hurt it." She says. "No way. You're exhausted." He argues. "I can do it." She slaps his arm away, taking in a deep breath before peering over the car once again.

She holds up her hand, unwrapping the casting tape and throwing a large fire ball at it. She screams through the pain, causing it to turn around. Ruby quickly ducks down, going unnoticed.

The monster turns around, searching for the source of the fire. "Go! Go!" Johnathan shouts, leading everyone into the back halls and on the way to an exit.

Ruby sighs in exhaustion, grabbing onto Will's arm for support. "Are you okay?" He asks. "I think so." She says.

Lucas, Ruby, and Will run into a car, Johnathan and Nancy speeding to place the ignition cable.

As soon as she gets inside, Ruby leans her head on Will's shoulder, her eyes slowly shutting. At the end of the parking lot, Billy's engine continues to rev loudly, threading to crash.

Johnathan rushes into the car, failing once again to start the ignition. "No, no, no, no. Come on." He says. Billy begins driving towards them at top speed as Nancy shoots at him. "Shit!" Ruby shoots up, stepping over will and jumping out of the car.

"Ruby!" Will shouts. She steps out beside Nancy, holding out her hand. Just before they think they're about to get hit, Ruby explodes the tires in fire, causing the car to crash directly into Steve and Robin's. The top hood bursts in flames as billy remains unconscious in the front seat.

"Holy shit." Ruby mutters, before collapsing onto the ground. "Shit!" Nancy shouts, quickly picking her up and placing her in the car.

"Is she okay?" Will asks worriedly. "I'm not sure." Johnathan starts the ignition and begins driving off. Robin and Steve quickly enter through the back. "Ruby?"
Will asks. "Yeah?" She coughs. "Stay with me, alright? I'm right here."

They speed through the roads, the horrifying creature right on their tails. "Dusty-bun, you copy?" A girl says into the walkie-talkie. "I copy, Suzie-pop."

"It Sounds much better now, thanks." Dustin responds. "Suzie." Robin and Steve mutter. "Okay, So, listen, do you know Planck's constant?" Dustin asks. Ruby listens in, yet doesn't react.

"Do you know the Earth orbits the sun?" She says confidently. "Okay, So i know it starts with two sixes, and then a..." Dustin trails off.

"W-What is it?"

"Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can...save the world?" Suzie asks.

"Suzie-poo, I promise, I will make it up to you as soon as possible."

"You can make it up to me now." She replies. "What?" Dustin asks in confusion. "I want to hear it."

"Not right now." Dustin says worriedly. "Yes, now, Dusty-bun." She argues. "Suzie-poo, this is urgent."

"Yes, yes, you're saving the world, I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, So this is Suzie, signing off."

"Wait, wait, wait! Okay." Dustin gives in. "Okay. Okay."

After a few moments, he begins singing. "Turn around, Look at what you see. In her face, the mirror of your dreams."

"Am I hearing things, or is Dustin singing?" Ruby asks weakly, her eyes still shut. "No, Dustin's singing." Will responds. Ruby lightly chuckles, smiling to herself.

"They're pretty good, though." Ruby beams. "Rube, maybe you should get some rest." Will chuckles, wrapping an arm around her.

The song lasts about a minute, before Suzie speaks up again. "Planck's constant is 6.62607004."

"You just saved the world." Dustin
says cheerfully. "Gosh, I miss you, Dusty-Bun." She sighs. "And I miss you more, Suzie-Poo."

"I miss you more, multiplied by all the stars in our galaxy." She responds. "No, I miss you—" Suddenly, the signal gets cut off.