035

"Yeah! You got it! See?" Joyce smiles

"Yeah! You got it! See?" Joyce smiles. "Mom!" Will rolls his eyes. "Wow!" Joyce smiles as the two of them dance in the living room. She had promised to teach will.

Johnathan pulls up his camera, filming. "Do you always have to be filming everything?" Will asks in annoyance. "No, no. Just the good stuff." He smiles.

"Are you sure people still dance like this?" Will asks. "Yeah. It's just what's happening." Joyce responds. "Is it what's happening?" Will asks Johnathan. "Yeah, Yeah, It's what's happening." He chuckles.

"Where's Ruby, by the way?" Johnathan asks curiously. "Someone call?" Ruby asks as she comes out of the bathroom. She's wearing a beautiful pink dress that reaches just above her knees. Will stops dancing and turns to look at her, speechless.

"Are we leaving yet?" She asks, turning to look at Joyce. "Oh, Ruby." Joyce smiles, running up to her and wrapping her arms around her. "You're so beautiful. My babies are all grown up." She smiles sadly. "Alright. Ready to go?"

Will and Ruby nod. "Hey, Will." Ruby smiles, walking up to him. "Hey, you, Uh.. you look really pretty." He smiles. "Thanks. You look great too." She chuckles, then walks out behind Joyce and Johnathan.

They arrive at the dance, right then sign in with Mr. Clarke. "Alright. Ready for your first school dance?" Will asks. "More than ready." She exclaims, pushing through the door.

They meet up with Mike, Lucas, and max and talk for a bit. After a while, Dustin arrives. "Hey, guys. Is that..." Ruby trails off. "Dustin." Will finishes.

"Holy shit. What happened to you?" Mike asks as he approaches. "What do you mean, 'What happened'?" He questions. "What?" Mike asks in disbelief. "Dude." Lucas states. "Your hair." Max mentions.

"Is there a bird nesting there?" Lucas reaches forward. "What do you mean, 'What's wrong with my hair'? There's no bird nesting in here, asshole. Okay?" Dustin says in annoyance. "I think it looks great." Ruby smiles.

"Thank you! Someone understands my hard work." He exclaims. Suddenly, a slow song comes on, causing the kids around to find a partner and start dancing.

Lucas exhales nervously, then turns to the red head. "Max..Hey. Um, it's nice, right?" He smiles. "You want to, um...you want to, like... You know?" He asks nervously.

"Like, just you and me?" He stammers. "Are you trying to ask me to dance, stalker?" She asks. "No, of course not." He panics. "Unless you want to."

Max chuckles. "So smooth. Come on." She takes his hand, leading him to the dance floor. Dustin sadly watches them leave and begin dancing.

"Hey, remember what I said?" Ruby asks, placing an arm around his shoulder. "I-"

"Come on, Dustin. I wanna talk to you, okay?" Ruby pulls him to the side. "You look great, okay? Go up to a girl, and I'm sure if she's a nice person, she'd be glad to dance with you." She smiles.

As Ruby gives Dustin a pep talk, mike turns to look at Will. "Dude. Go ask her." He says. "What?" Will asks, turning to look at him. "Ask her to dance." He repeats. "No, I-I-"

"Will. Don't miss your chance. I would give anything to dance with someone special, but I can't. So go."

"Okay.. okay.." Will exhales, turning around to look towards Ruby. When he looks, he only finds Dustin alone. "Where's.. where's Ruby?" Will asks confusedly. "Oh, Will..." Mike sighs, tapping the boy's shoulder. "What?" Will turns around, finding Ruby dancing with Arthur Bloom.

Arthur Bloom is a kind boy, and almost everyone knew he had it in for Ruby. When he asked her, she glanced at Will, and sighed. She never thought he'd Wanna dance with her, so she said yes.

There she was now, dancing with one of the school's most popular boys. "Will, I'm sorry." Mike sighs. "Of course. What did I expect? I mean, I'm just a loser." He sighs. "Hey, Zombie Boy." A girl calls, walking up to Will. It's Hannah Smith.

"Do you want to dance?" She asks with a hopeful smile. "Uh... I don't..." he stammers. "Go, dude. Ruby's taken. At least you have someone." Mike whisperers. "I mean... I mean, yeah. Sure." He sighs.

He follows her onto the dance floor, and they sway to the music together.

"Sorry." Ruby chuckles as she steps once again on Arthur's foot. "Oh It's.. ow!" He backs away, sighing. "I'm just.. I'm just gonna go get a drink." He says, walking away. "Hey, can you get me one?" She calls. When he doesn't reply, she sighs, waiting on the side as everyone else dances.

A few moments later, Will walks over and stands beside her, clearing his throat. "Where's...where's Arthur?" He asks. "Where's Hannah?" She replies.

"Well, She sort of left because I started dancing the way mom showed me." He sighs. Ruby chuckles. "What.. what's so funny?" He asks.

"Nothing. I'm just picturing that in my head." She laughs. Will playfully rolls his eyes. "So, where is he?"

"Oh, he went to go get a drink." She pauses. "But then again, I don't think he's coming back." She sighs.

The two awkwardly stand beside each other for a moment, until they both speak up.

"Listen-"

"Do you maybe wanna-"

They chuckle. "You first" they say in chorus. "Just go." Ruby smiles. "Do you maybe wanna, uh, dance with me, then?" He asks nervously.

"I'd love to." She grins, taking his hand. They reach a spot beside Lucas and Max and start to dance. "Sorry if I step on your feet. Just a heads up." She chuckles.

"Sorry if I can't dance. Just a heads up." He responds. Ruby laughs, staring directly into his eyes. She could get lost in those eyes.

Suddenly, she steps on his foot and trips herself. Will quickly catches her, and helps her up. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine. I'm.. totally fine.." She sighs.

They continue to dance slowly. "Listen, if you don't wanna dance anymore, I totally get it." She sighs. "No. No, I do." He replies quickly. "Um, Ruby-"

"Oh, El's here." Ruby smiles, looking off to the side. "Ruby-"

"We should go say hi."

"No, Ruby." Will says, drawing her attention. "Yeah-" before she could say anything else, Will leans forward, placing his lips onto hers. Once they pull out, ruby smiles, kissing him one more time.

The two go a dark shade of red. Will grins. Ruby pulls him closer, leaning her head on his shoulder as they continue to dance along to the music.

"I was hoping you'd do that." She whispers. "I was hoping you'd say that." He replies happily.

IT HAS HAPPENED MY DUDES!!
#RUBYERS