|e i g h t e e n|

A Journey To Remember
Kili
|e i g h t e e n|

» » » » »
{S A F F R O N}

"I'll wager the sun in on the rise," I heard Bofur proclaim throughout the halls as I stirred in my sleep. "Must be nearly dawn." He finished as I moved slightly opening my tired eyes ever so slowly.

"We're never gonna reach the mountain, are we?" I heard Ori mumble to the cell next Kili and mine. I adjusted my eyes completely trying to move but feeling a strong arm wrapped around my waist. I smiled to myself gently moving his arm off of my waist and standing to my feet before stretching.

"Bilbo!" I heard Balin shout before I instantly ran myself into the cell door, grunting slightly trying to see where he was and if he was in good shape.

"Uncle!" I yelled waving my hand through the cell door with the greatest grin lifted on my face, watching him unlock everyone's cell door

"Ssh! There are guards, nearby!" I heard Bilbo hiss slightly before I turned to Kili shaking him awake as he shifted slightly opening his eyes.

"It's my Uncle, Bilbo! He's busting us out of here," I grinned widely, Kili immediately standing to his feet coming to the cell door as well, my uncle unlocking it almost instantly. The moment the door opened I embraced my uncle whilst he hugged back almost instantly. "Come on!" I whispered to the dwarves who all heard as I pushed past the dwarves down to where the Wine Cellar had been, I figured it would be safe.

"Come on!" Bilbo said gesturing everyone to keep following us two. Soon enough it looked like we were in a Wine Cellar with drunken Elves snoring their noses off on the tables in front of us.

"I don't believe it, we're in the cellars!" Kili complained aloud before I whipped around him, stopping him in his tracks as he looked down at me. I grasped the collar of his shirt pulling him closer to my face.

"Trust me," I smirked slightly as he glanced from my eyes and my lips repeatedly. "There's a way out, but there won't be if you don't keep your mouth shut." I snickered slightly before letting go and looking to the rest of the dwarves. "That goes for everyone!" I whispered as they all nodded their heads in agreement. "Okay, this way. This way." I pulled them towards my uncle and the empty barrels that laid in front of us.

"Into the barrels, quickly!" My uncle announced as we all started climbing into the barrels, but I knew what my uncle had in mind.

"Are you mad? They'll find us!" Dwalin exclaimed not trusting the words of my Uncle making my stomach turn hearing voices from up above coming down into the cellar.

"No, no. They won't! I promise you. Please, please, you must trust me!" Bilbo said trying to put some knowledge into their heads but they all froze glancing between Thorin and I. Thorin's gaze fell on me looking for confirmation.

"Do it," I nodded my head towards Thorin before he turned from me looking to all the dwarves.

"Do as he says!" Thorin ordered as the rest of the dwarves started to climb into the barrels. The voices becoming more clear now.

"What do we do now?" I heard Bofur ask bilbo in curiosity. I poked my head out of the barrel as did everyone else looking to him, and I knew exactly what he was going to do.

"Hold your breath," Bilbo ordered pulling a lever.

"Hold my breath? What do you mean?" Bofur questioned himself before we began tilting as we started to roll off the floor and falling into the deep water below us, getting soaked instantly. The water was rough, it almost to quickly pulling us with the rapid current.