|n i n e|

A Journey To Remember
Kili
|n i n e|

» » » » »
{S A F F R O N}

     We were all hiding behind a enormous rock, waiting for Radagast to pass the company of the Dwarves, Gandalf, and myself. Radagast and the vicious orcs had passed us whilst we were all following quickly behind Gandalf's footsteps. We were trying our best to run across the aura without getting caught, but we then immediately came to a stop. They were getting closer.

     "Stay together," Gandalf demanded as we all nodded our heads, continuing to run before we had stopped behind a very large boulder with just enough coverage. I then noticed the figure of Ori that was continuing to run, passing us all, himself not realizing we had stopped.

     "Ori, no! Get back," Thorin hissed, stopping Ori quickly before any Orcs or Wargs could set their eyes upon us. Radagast and the Orcs rushed afar from us, giving us the perfect chance to move from where we stood.

     "All of you, come on. Quick!" Gandalf gestured us to move faster than the pace we were at momentarily.

     "Where are you leading us?" I had overheard Thorin question rudely towards Gandalf, my figure turning to face the two figures concerned; Gandalf sending Thorin a look, a look that I simply couldn't quite wrap around my finger in understanding. We soon began running as fast as we could, rushings towards another large rock that we all could be safe behind. Then, a shuffling was heard from the top of the boulder as I looked up seeing an Orc sitting on his furious Warg, sniffing around and trying its best to find our scent.

     My breath caught as I pulled an arrow out of my quiver adjusting it to my bow, licking my bottom lip nervously as my breathing grew steadily. I noticed Thorin had glanced towards Kili, sending him a gaze that only meant one thing; Kili readying his bow willfully. Kili has gotten his bow loaded with an arrow from his quiver before the both of our eyes locking, nods being sent and received by one another in recognition.

     We both gave a more vulgar nod, stepping out and turning fast, aiming quickly at the horrid beasts; the orc close to blowing his horn, but luckily my direct shot stopped him quickly. The Orc and his Warg fell to the ground at our feet, the Orc still alive; the rest of the Dwarves finishing him off. The Orc and it's Warg began to let out squeals and screeches of pain, only getting the rest of the Orc's attention; myself overhearing the howling of the Wargs even more, the beasts getting closer.

     "We need to move quickly!" I shouted, quickly shoving the Dwarves hastily, everyone picking up on their feet as we headed to another safe sight ahead of us.

     "There they are!" Dwalin yelled eagerly, my gaze turning to see the awful creatures closer than I had imagined.

     "This way! Quickly!" Gandalf exclaimed, everyone beginning to run towards Gandalf till Thorin had stopped still in his tracks; my feet stopping only a few feet away from Thorin's and only noticing one frightening statement. We were completely surrounded, my body heading towards a clear open space where I could allow myself to have quick and easy shots.

     "There's more coming!" Kili yelled, my gaze falling upon the man as the two of us nodded our heads, knowing what to do in this dangerous situation.

     "We're surrounded!" Fili exclaimed in fear, just as I had shot one of the pairs of creatures down entirely. The Orc and Warg had fallen to the ground, their bodies no longer part of this sacred world.

      "Where's Gandalf?" Dori shouted, catching my attention as I turned to see where our faithful Wizard had gone, but he was nowhere in sight. My gaze soon fell upon the evil creatures of Middle-Earth that dreaded to kill such people as I.