Mulan was about to counter his statement, but he quickly added once he noticed the look Lin gave him. "But I've known plenty of women who are more than capable of handling these kinds of things. Look at your Aunt and Grandmother. Those two are probably two of the toughest women I know. If they can do it, so can you." Ah yes, flattery to save oneself from the wrath of the Beifongs'.

Mulan smiled at his words of encouragement. Bumi laughed at his plans to save himself from getting a beating from both Beifongs. "Now, here's the plan. I'm going to smooth things out with the academy admins while you go out and get me a box of donuts."

"What would you need donuts for?" Mulan inquired.

"Let's just say a man needs to have his donuts, having been sailing the savage seas for months." 

Days quickly passed by until it was finally the day where Mulan entered the United Forces Academy

Days quickly passed by until it was finally the day where Mulan entered the United Forces Academy. True to his words, Bumi talked to the heads of the academy, and they were happy to accept her, especially when they found out that she was Toph Beifong's granddaughter.

It was evident that she couldn't hold her excitement by tapping her armlet. The monotonous noise of metal eased her as she sat in front of the police mobile next to her aunt, who begrudgingly drives her there.

"Remember to write to your parents about your progress. Who knows what Su would do if you didn't?" Lin reminded her. The car went to a halt as they stopped right at the academy entrance.

"I will," Mulan nodded her head; she barely heard anything her aunt had said as she marveled at the building. Redbrick walls and the flags of the academy and the United Forces are displayed at the top. She wondered what the inside looked like.

Annoyed that the girl wasn't listening to her, Lin snapped her fingers in front of her face, catching her attention. Mulan sheepishly smiled at her aunt, who gave her a grumpy look. "Sorry, Chief."

Lin sighed, "Look, kid, you'll be on your starting now. Stay out of trouble, and don't get yourself kick out. Got it?" Mulan nodded her head as she took in her aunt's words.

"It'll be embarrassing if I went home now after everything that happened." The girl laughed to herself as she fiddled with her metal armlet.

"Whatever, just get out and do your best while in there." Lin waves her off, wanting to get back to the precinct as soon as possible.

Mulan picked up her bag and got out of the car. She turned around to face her aunt, who restarted the engine. "I'll see you soon, Chief." She playfully said while saluting her.

Lin rolled her eyes and nodded her head in return. "See you soon, cadet." She said before driving off to the precinct. "You weren't so bad as I thought, kid."

After watching her aunt drive off, Mulan made her way inside the building. It was like a combination of all four nations. People from all countries were walking by quickly, probably getting to know the place they'll be staying for four whole years.

A dark-skinned woman stopped in front of her, a charming and warm smile plastered on her face."Hi, my name is Kaye, Lieutenant of the 2nd Division. Do you need any help?" She has short curly hair in a bob style and a prominent long scar on the left side of her face. From her looks, she's most probably hailed from the water tribe.

"Oh yeah, I'm supposed to go to the registrations by now. Do you perhaps know where it is?" Mulan kindly asked her, restraining herself from asking about her wicked scar. She wondered where she could have gotten it.

"The registrations are all done upon enlistment. All cadets are to go to their proper rooms and settle in for the night." Lieutenant Kaye cheerfully answered. "If you want, I may walk you there?"

"Yes, please." Mulan nodded, not wanting to stand by at the entrance for any longer idly.

Lieutenant Kaye let out a soft laugh, "Good, now what's your name?"

"Mulan. Mulan Beifong." She answered.

The dark-skinned woman let out a loud gasp and looked at the teen beside her in awe. "Woah, no way! You're a Beifong. So that means you're Master Toph's granddaughter. Wow, we sure have people here with big names already." Lieutenant Kaye laughed.

"Umm... yeah. Grandma Toph taught me all she knows." Mulan awkwardly said. It wasn't new for someone to fawn over her lineage. Sometimes, it just gets uncomfortable that all they want to do is get close with her grandmother.

"So that also means you're a prodigy." Mulan freeze at the word. It just seems that wherever she goes, that word always follows. Now more people will expect her to be the best before the actual training ever starts.

Lieutenant Kaye, thankfully, noticed Mulan's uncomfortableness and quickly apologized and went to the counter to grab her folder and keys. She came back and walked Mulan to her shared room. She then tells the girl all about her own time at the United Forces and how the girl would fit right in.

When the two finally reached the hallway to Mulan's room, Lieutenant Kaye bid goodbye to her, stating that she still had to help other cadets settle in. Mulan let out a breath once the perky lieutenant left.

Mulan entered the room to see a boy fixing his things. Raven-black hair and golden eyes. The boy was noticeably good-looking, and from the looks of it, is also athletic, too based on his form.

The boy looked up once he realized someone else was in the room and smiled at her, "Hello there, my name is Iroh the second."