◇□ Chapter Twelve □◇

"What do you mean mother?" Jason asked. Damian's eyes never left the front door.

"Her monsters. You know, the one she tried to turn you into." He replied casually. Jason seemed to recall the events, with a slight cringe. He glanced towards Dick, which his attention was more focused on the ground. Jason took a step in front of him, grabbing his shoulders.

"Hey, look at me. Go find Tim. Damian and I will cover the front of the house." Jason had to physical push Dick out into the hall to get him to move from his spot. "Go! Go find Tim!" Jason yelled, finally getting Dick from his trance. He gave a short nod before he took off sprinting down the hall. He could hear the creatures climbing up the walls of the mansion. Dick glanced over his shoulder, only to run straight into a red head. They both fell with a thud, their faces inches apart. There was a second where they both just laid there. But Dick quickly ended that. He got up with a huff, pulling her up to her feet in one movement.

"Don't you ever leave?" He growled as he continued down the hall.

"What's going on? I heard the alarms." She asked nervously, following close behind him. Trying to stay up with his fast pace.

"We're under attack. And since you never go home, I have to worry about keeping you alive." He explained hastily, as he opened every bedroom door down the hall, in search for Tim.

"You don't have to worry about me-" Barbara crossed her arms. Dick jerked around, "Yes I do. Because no matter what has happened, I still love you. And I will always protect you." Barbara relaxed her shoudlers, having to catch her jaw before it fell open. After days of the silent treatment, she had finally got something out of him. But even if it was what she had been waiting for, she hated the seriousness dripping from his voice, and the sincere concern in his eyes. She didn't have a chance to add to his comment, or reply at all. There was a sudden crash, that came from around the corner. Dick sprinted off, sliding to a stop, they stood staring at the broken window, glass covering the floor. The wind blew the thin white curtains into the hall. Dick held out his arm, blocking Barbara from taking another step. He brought his finger to his lips, telling her to be quiet.

"There's one in the house." He signed. She nodded. He took her hand walking around the glass. Where the hell is Tim? He thought to himself. Their steps were quiet and calculated. Dick knew every board in the house, including the ones that liked to be annoying and alarm everyone in the house you were sneaking in late. He tried to keep his mind blank and clear. It was easier to focus on sensing something that way. But Barbara wasn't making that very easy. She was close to him, her hand still gripping his. She was basically attached to his back, Dick could feel her breath on the back of his neck. All he kept thinking about was her, he had to shake his head trying to clear his thoughts. A obvious thud could be heard, well he heard it. He dragged Barbara down the hall, ignoring her pleas to slow down. Dick rammed into the door, breaking it from its hinges. His eyes fell immediately to Tim who was laying on his back on the floor, trying to defend himself from the creature. It snapped its jaws, its drool hanging from its sharp teeth, inches away from Tim's face.

Dick rushed forward, pushing Barbara back. He threw the creature against the wall, with little effort. It whined as it hit the floor, glass from the picture frames shattered. He grabbed the steel fire poker from the fireplace, ramming it into the creatures chest. Dick stood, turning around. Seeing Barbara by Tim's side, worriedly checking on his wounds. Repeatedly asking if he was alright. He couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"Come on, we need to move." Dick ordered as he was already out the door. Tim tried catching up to him, but it seemed Dick was on a mission, always staying a few steps ahead. They could all hear the creatures claws as they climbed up the side of the house. They began to pick up their pace as the creatures crashed through the windows. They slid into the wall, their claws digging into the floor. Dick glanced over his shoulder, grabbing onto Barbara's hand sprinting faster. "We need to get to the Batcave." Dick ordered.