◇□ Chapter Two □◇

"Get up." The man stated, standing over the young boy who was on his hands and knees. Covered in sweat, blood dripping from his nose, breathing heavily. "If you are too defeat the Batman and his sidekicks, you will have to be prepared for anything. You will have to be stronger than them, faster, smarter, better." He finished, as the boy had made it back to his feet. The man stood much taller than the boy, he had a white bread, and eye patch. The boy had an uneasy feeling about it, it reminded him of someone else, but he never could remember who.

"Again." He declared, the boy launched at him. They were both swift, light on their feet. But able to deliver hard and quick punches. They were able to keep the fight going, the boy making it a challenge for the man to win. But he left his right uncovered, earning a knee to the ribs, then a leg sweep. The boy hit the ground hard, the air knocked out of him. The man stepped on his chest, making it even harder to breath. He brought out his sword, the kid could feel the cold tip on his neck. "Don't ever expect mercy. And don't ever deliver it." The boy nodded, feeling the blade sink into his shoudler, he hissed in pain. The man pulled it out quickly, leaving the boy be. He sat up, his hand over his bloody wound. He eyed the man as he left. The boy had questions, he had been on this island for months, training, learning how to fight. He kept hearing about this so called mission of his.

He woke up in a pool ten months ago, with no memory, no name, and alot of scars. He knew he should be asking questions, or even trying to run away. He knew this place was bad, along with the people. But he stayed. And he had no idea why. He kept his mouth shut, did what he was told. He would find himself doing things he didn't remember going to do. It was like there was a voice in his head, and it had complete control. And there was nothing that he could do about it. But there was also this feeling of familiarity, about the island, the people. He thought maybe he knew them once, maybe he lived here, the feeling was somewhat comforting. It made him think maybe he was supposed to be here. Maybe nothing was wrong, besides this was all he knew. So he didn't try to fight the voice, and he ignored the hundreds of questions in his head. And did what he was told.

◇□◇□◇

Jason walked through the front door, taking in the fimilar smell of the manor. He immediately took note on whatever Alfred was cooking. He hadn't realized he had missed being in this stupid fancy house so much. The sound of heels caught his attention as they came around the corner.

"Hey Tim I was wondering- oh Jason!" Barbara said surprised looking up from her phone. She was wearing a button up blouse and black pencil skirt, with black tights and heels. Her red hair was in curls, laying peacefully on her shoudlers. "H- how are you?" She asked moving forward.

"I'm... fine." Jason gave her a questionable look, tugging at the bag on his shoudler. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came over, to ask Tim..... a question. I have a interview for an internship at the news station- Oh Tim." They turned to see Tim walking through the door. Barbara had wide eyes, and Jason was just smirking.

"Barbara has to ask you a question. Go on Barbara." Jason said, turning back to a blushing Barbara, her cheeks almost as red as her hair.

"I uh- I was wondering if you.... could help me with my paper. For school." She lied, twirling her phone in her hands. Jason looked between the both of them. "I'm gonna leave you two alone, so you can talk about your 'PAPER'." He said as obvious as possible, as he went up the stairs. Barbara turned back to Tim.

"I see he hasn't changed." She teased.

"No, no he hasn't." Tim laughed, but it died down.eaving both of them standing awkwardly in the hall.

"So, uh, I'm going to be late for my interview. But I was wondering if... maybe you would like to go out tonight?" Barbara said slowly not sure of how this was going to go. Tim stood there frozen for a minute, probably longer, he didn't know. Every part of him wanted to scream out 'yes', but he didn't. He just stayed there silent. Barbara stared at him concerned, "Okay Tim this is the part where you answer me."